Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] A few questions

  • Stephen Langer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009
      On Oct 15, 2009, at 12:15 PM, Florent Georges wrote:

      >>> What's within your magic-mode-alist variable?
      >
      >> I think I have auto-mode-alist instead of magic-mode-alist.
      >
      > They are two distinct variables. auto-mode-alist is used to choose
      > the mode from the file name, while magic-mode-alist is used to
      > choose the mode from the file content (in case of XML, this is
      > interesting if the file starts with <?xml...)
      >
      >> I don't know much about elisp. How do I print the value?
      >
      > "C-h v magic-mode-alist RET" will print the variable documentation
      > alongside its value on your Emacs at that time.

      magic-mode-alist is nil.

      I've found the problem, and of course it had nothing to do with auto-
      mode-alist or magic-mode-alist. The file contained local variable
      values for psgml and the mode was being set in that section. It's
      been a long time since I edited these files...

      Thanks for your help.

      -- Steve

      --
      -- stephen.langer@... Tel: (301) 975-5423 --
      -- http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/SLanger/ Fax: (301) 975-3553 --

      -- "I don't think this will work. That's why it's science." --
      -- Naomi Langer (age 6), 17 Feb 2003 --