HTML helper mode on existing files

  • lucas_gonze
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 23, 2009
      Subject: HTML helper mode on existing files

      1) Open a file that doesn't exist, which creates a file. Name the file foo.html.
      2) Now in nXhtml mode, which is the right thing.
      3) Save and close. (Whether you put anything in the file, and what you put in it, doesn't affect the issue).
      4) Reopen the file.
      5) Now in HTML helper mode.

      nXhtml version 1.30, GNU Emacs 22.1.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin8.10.1, Carbon Version 1.6.0)
      of 2007-10-01 on plume.sr.unh.edu - Aquamacs Distribution 1.2a

      Major mode: Fundamental

      Minor modes in effect:
      smart-frame-positioning-mode: t
      aquamacs-styles-mode: t
      recentf-mode: t
      encoded-kbd-mode: t
      osx-key-mode: t
      show-paren-mode: t
      delete-selection-mode: t
      pc-selection-mode: t
      cua-mode: t
      tooltip-mode: t
      mac-input-method-mode: t
      tool-bar-mode: 0
      mouse-wheel-mode: t
      menu-bar-mode: t
      file-name-shadow-mode: t
      global-font-lock-mode: t
      font-lock-mode: t
      blink-cursor-mode: t
      unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t
      utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
      auto-compression-mode: t
      column-number-mode: t
      line-number-mode: t
      transient-mark-mode: t

      Recent messages:
      nxml-token-after: Marker does not point anywhere [3 times]
      Wrote /Users/lgonze/foo.html
      Fontifying foo.html... (Attributes ..)
      Auto-saving...done
      Mark set
      No keyboard macro defined. Create one? (y or n)
      Please answer y or n. No keyboard macro defined. Create one? (y or n) [3 times]
      Quit
      Mark set
    • Lucas Gonze
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 23, 2009
        Is this bug clearly written? Is it going to the right place?

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 23, 2009
          Hi Lucas,

          Thanks for the bug report. Didn't you enter this to nXhtml bug
          database on Launchpad? I answered it there, I think it is the same
          problem as in anther bug report. At the moment Launchpad is down due
          to maintenance, but please check there later.

          On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Lucas Gonze <lucas@...> wrote:

          > Is this bug clearly written? Is it going to the right place?
          >
          > On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:48 PM, lucas_gonze <lucas@...> wrote:
          > > Subject: HTML helper mode on existing files
          > >
          > > 1) Open a file that doesn't exist, which creates a file.  Name the file foo.html.
          > > 2) Now in nXhtml mode, which is the right thing.
          > > 3) Save and close.  (Whether you put anything in the file, and what you put in it, doesn't affect the issue).
          > > 4) Reopen the file.
          > > 5) Now in HTML helper mode.
        • Lucas Gonze
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 23, 2009
            Hi Lennart,

            There's no menu item nXhtml - Tools - Major Mode Pripriorities. Are
            you sure that's what you intended to say?

            Thanks.

            -Lucas

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 23, 2009
              Hi Lucas,

              Yes. This menu item is however only available when nxhtml-minor-mode
              is enabled in the current buffer.

              On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Lucas Gonze <lucas@...> wrote:

              > Hi Lennart,
              >
              > There's no menu item nXhtml - Tools - Major Mode Pripriorities. Are
              > you sure that's what you intended to say?
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > -Lucas
              >
              > On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Lennart Borgman
              > <lennart.borgman@...> wrote:
              > > Hi Lucas,
              > >
              > > Thanks for the bug report. Didn't you enter this to nXhtml bug
              > > database on Launchpad? I answered it there, I think it is the same
              > > problem as in anther bug report. At the moment Launchpad is down due
              > > to maintenance, but please check there later.
              > >

              > > On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Lucas Gonze <lucas@...> wrote:
              > >>

              > >> Is this bug clearly written? Is it going to the right place?

            • Lucas Gonze
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 23, 2009
                Right.

                Let's have the conversation there, in the bug database:
                https://bugs.launchpad.net/nxhtml/+bug/382082