Re: Validation Error, Locating and Fixing

  • a_stephm
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2009
      I have tried trang, with no better out come, and the rnc looks ok to me -- though I am no expert. What should I look for, and do you know of a way of getting -- say -- line numbers for the error?

      Haven't tried anything libxml2-based. Any suggestions

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2009

        > I have tried trang, with no better out come, and the rnc looks ok to
        > me -- though I am no expert. What should I look for, and do you know
        > of a way of getting -- say -- line numbers for the error?

        I don't know, and it's impossible to say from the description. Perhaps
        you should ask on rng-users, perhaps with a posting of the actual schema
        file as an attachment?

        Perhaps ask first if it's ok to send the schema as an attachment? I
        don't know what the list's attachment policy is..

        > Haven't tried anything libxml2-based. Any suggestions

        xmllint: http://xmlsoft.org/xmllint.html

        It's a part of libxml2, and usually installed with it. It doesn't do
        schema validation, so you will have to try validating a sample document,
        and see if you get any schema errors.