rnc version of kml schema?

  • mcundiff1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2008
      Does anyone know if there is an rnc version of the kml xsd schema (used for creating Google Earth files)?

      The xsd is at:
      http://schemas.opengis.net/kml/2.2.0/

      I tried the usual rngconv to rng and then trang to rnc but the first step (rngconv) failed.

      Thanks,
      Morgan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2008
        2008/8/22 <mcundiff1@...>:
        > Does anyone know if there is an rnc version of the kml xsd schema (used for creating Google Earth files)?
        >
        > The xsd is at:
        > http://schemas.opengis.net/kml/2.2.0/
        >
        > I tried the usual rngconv to rng and then trang to rnc but the first step (rngconv) failed.

        'failed'?

        How 'failed'
        rngconv is usually pretty robust, although XSD is a bit of a pig.

        btw, there is a relax-ng mailing list.

      • mcundiff1@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 22, 2008
          Instead of "failed" I should have said that the attempt to convert the ogckml22.xsd schema to an rng schema using rngconv produced the following output:

          -----------------------------------
          start parsing a grammar.
          warnings are found. use -warning switch to see all warnings.
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          346:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          376:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          402:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          428:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          514:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          533:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          555:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          575:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          595:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          619:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          643:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          665:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          709:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          729:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          757:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          778:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          800:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          822:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          856:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          877:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          899:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          922:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          945:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          970:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          986:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1011:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1033:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1055:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1077:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1097:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1118:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1140:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1161:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1181:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1205:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1229:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1253:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1276:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1301:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1321:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1343:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1362:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1381:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1406:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1424:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1444:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1464:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1485:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1514:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1537:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1558:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1578:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          Unimplemented feature: "omitting type attribute in <element> element with substitutionGroup attribute"
          1599:50@file:///c:/projects/maps/ogckml22.xsd
          failed to load a grammar.

          Morgan

          From: "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@...>