Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Uses nxhtml-mode in an no-standard extension files

  • Jason Rumney
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2008
      Jason Rumney wrote:
      > 2. It is part of elisp so doesn't pull in the full common lisp
      > compatibility library.

      Ignore this. `push' is part of elisp, but cl.el redefines it, which is
      why I thought it would pull in all of common lisp with it.
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 31, 2008
        Jason Rumney wrote:

        > Jason Rumney wrote:

        > > 2. It is part of elisp so doesn't pull in the full common lisp
        > > compatibility library.

        > Ignore this. `push' is part of elisp, but cl.el redefines it,
        > which is why I thought it would pull in all of common lisp with
        > it.

        Actually push was not defined by Emacs before, but only in cl. That
        was a good enough reason to not use it (well, that depends on people, I
        like cl.)

        Envoyez avec Yahoo! Mail. Plus de moyens pour rester en contact. http://mail.yahoo.fr
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 31, 2008
          Jason Rumney wrote:

          > I'd suggest using add-to-list rather than push for the following
          > reasons:

          > 1.It avoids duplicate entries.

          That's right, I forgot that point. And that's actually the main
          point why I prefer push. Of course that depends on the use, but most
          of the time you really want push instead of add-to-list (.emacs.el is a
          good example I think.)

          > 2. It is part of elisp so doesn't pull in the full common lisp
          > compatibility library.

          See other email.

          Envoyez avec Yahoo! Mail. Plus de moyens pour rester en contact. http://mail.yahoo.fr