Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Uses nxhtml-mode in an no-standard extension files

  • Jason Rumney
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2008
      Florent Georges wrote:

      > push is available for a while now in GNU Emacs, so for the sake of
      > readibility I suggest the equivalent (but that's just cosmetic):
      >
      > (push '("\\...\\'" . nxml-mode) auto-mode-alist)

      I'd suggest using add-to-list rather than push for the following reasons:

      1.It avoids duplicate entries.
      2. It is part of elisp so doesn't pull in the full common lisp
      compatibility library.
    • Jason Rumney
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 31, 2008
        Jason Rumney wrote:
        > 2. It is part of elisp so doesn't pull in the full common lisp
        > compatibility library.

        Ignore this. `push' is part of elisp, but cl.el redefines it, which is
        why I thought it would pull in all of common lisp with it.
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 31, 2008
          Jason Rumney wrote:

          > Jason Rumney wrote:

          > > 2. It is part of elisp so doesn't pull in the full common lisp
          > > compatibility library.

          > Ignore this. `push' is part of elisp, but cl.el redefines it,
          > which is why I thought it would pull in all of common lisp with
          > it.

          Actually push was not defined by Emacs before, but only in cl. That
          was a good enough reason to not use it (well, that depends on people, I
          like cl.)

          Envoyez avec Yahoo! Mail. Plus de moyens pour rester en contact. http://mail.yahoo.fr
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 31, 2008
            Jason Rumney wrote:

            > I'd suggest using add-to-list rather than push for the following
            > reasons:

            > 1.It avoids duplicate entries.

            That's right, I forgot that point. And that's actually the main
            point why I prefer push. Of course that depends on the use, but most
            of the time you really want push instead of add-to-list (.emacs.el is a
            good example I think.)

            > 2. It is part of elisp so doesn't pull in the full common lisp
            > compatibility library.

            See other email.

            Envoyez avec Yahoo! Mail. Plus de moyens pour rester en contact. http://mail.yahoo.fr