nxhtml-read-url-type doesnt give file/url choice

  • niels.giesen@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8 11:16 PM
      Hi Lennart,

      From looking at the Fix-me statement, I gather you were probably in the middle
      of a change a couple of versions ago and then forgot (?) about it. Forgive me
      for being blunt. However, the addition of the following sexp

      (t
      (setq allowed '(??)))

      to function `nxhtml-read-url-type' causes local var `choices' to be nil. Hence
      no file/url choice (previous behaviour (at least in v1.04)) and subsequently no
      completion for files on disk can be given by calling function nxhtml-read-url.

      When above sexp is deleted/commented out, all is well.

      Regards,
      Niels

      nXhtml version 1.13, GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
      of 2007-11-06 on terranova, modified by Ubuntu
    • Lennart Borgman (gmail)
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9 7:04 AM
        niels.giesen@... wrote:

        > Hi Lennart,

        Hi Niels,

        > >From looking at the Fix-me statement, I gather you were probably in
        > the middle
        > of a change a couple of versions ago and then forgot (?) about it.
        > Forgive me
        > for being blunt.

        There is nothing to forgive, you are just correct ;-)

        > However, the addition of the following sexp
        >
        > (t
        > (setq allowed '(??)))
        >
        > to function `nxhtml-read-url-type' causes local var `choices' to be nil.
        > Hence
        > no file/url choice (previous behaviour (at least in v1.04)) and
        > subsequently no
        > completion for files on disk can be given by calling function
        > nxhtml-read-url.
        >
        > When above sexp is deleted/commented out, all is well.

        Yes, that is correct. I changed it to that and added some other things I
        forgot/did not have time to do earlier.

        I have just uploaded 1.14 where this is done.

        > Regards,
        > Niels

        Thanks for your help,

        > nXhtml version 1.13, GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit,
        > Xaw3d scroll bars)
        > of 2007-11-06 on terranova, modified by Ubuntu
      • Niels Giesen
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9 11:38 AM