asp/asp.net support?

  • John J Foerch
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hello,

      Are there any plans for xhtml-mode and mumamo-mode to support asp and
      asp.net? I know it's the Dark Side and everything, but I would like
      it. :)

      --John Foerch
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
        On 02/10/2007, John J Foerch <jjfoerch@...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Are there any plans for xhtml-mode and mumamo-mode to support asp and
        > asp.net? I know it's the Dark Side and everything, but I would like

        Both asp and xhtml are off topic for this list?
        Try the emacs help list perhaps - you may get support there.

      • Lennart Borgman (gmail)
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
          Dave Pawson wrote:

          > On 02/10/2007, John J Foerch <jjfoerch@...
          > <mailto:jjfoerch%40earthlink.net>> wrote:
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > Are there any plans for xhtml-mode and mumamo-mode to support asp and
          > > asp.net? I know it's the Dark Side and everything, but I would like
          >
          > Both asp and xhtml are off topic for this list?
          > Try the emacs help list perhaps - you may get support there.

          That depends, I have said that questions about nXhtml should go to this
          list too. The reason is that the questions might be about nXml. There
          are also very few questions both about nXml and nXhtml.

          mumamo-mode is part of nXhtml, it is the support for multiple modes in a
          buffer. In fact nXhtml consist of quite a few modules beside all those
          in nXml:

          http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/nXhtml/doc/nxhtml.html
          http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlMode

          If it does not disturb this list too much I would prefer to still have
          questions sent here.

          Regarding the question: I have no plans now to include ASP, but it is
          not difficult to do it (if you know or at least can read Emacs lisp of
          course). There are instructions for how to do it in mumamo.el. If you
          add it yourself I would be glad to include that work in nXhtml.
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
            "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" wrote:

            > If it does not disturb this list too much I would prefer to
            > still have questions sent here.

            +1

          • John J Foerch
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
              "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@...> writes:

              > Both asp and xhtml are off topic for this list?
              > Try the emacs help list perhaps - you may get support there.

              Sorry, typo. I meant `nxhtml'.

              --John
            • John J Foerch
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
                "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@...> writes:

                > That depends, I have said that questions about nXhtml should go to this
                > list too. The reason is that the questions might be about nXml. There
                > are also very few questions both about nXml and nXhtml.

                I didn't realise there was a separate list for nxhtml.

                > mumamo-mode is part of nXhtml, it is the support for multiple modes in a
                > buffer. In fact nXhtml consist of quite a few modules beside all those
                > in nXml:
                >
                > http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/nXhtml/doc/nxhtml.html
                > http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlMode
                >
                > If it does not disturb this list too much I would prefer to still have
                > questions sent here.
                >

                > Regarding the question: I have no plans now to include ASP, but it is
                > not difficult to do it (if you know or at least can read Emacs lisp of
                > course). There are instructions for how to do it in mumamo.el. If you
                > add it yourself I would be glad to include that work in nXhtml.

                Okay, I'll read mumamo.el and go from there. Thanks!

                --John
              • Lennart Borgman (gmail)
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
                  John J Foerch wrote:

                  > "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@...
                  > <mailto:lennart.borgman%40gmail.com>> writes:
                  > >
                  > > That depends, I have said that questions about nXhtml should go to this
                  > > list too. The reason is that the questions might be about nXml. There
                  > > are also very few questions both about nXml and nXhtml.
                  > >

                  > I didn't realise there was a separate list for nxhtml.

                  No, there is not. I have asked people on this list if it is ok to use it
                  for nXhtml too. It seems so, no one have objected.

                  > > mumamo-mode is part of nXhtml, it is the support for multiple modes in a
                  > > buffer. In fact nXhtml consist of quite a few modules beside all those
                  > > in nXml:
                  > >
                  > > http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/nXhtml/doc/nxhtml.html
                  > <http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/nXhtml/doc/nxhtml.html>
                  > > http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlMode
                  > <http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlMode>
                  > >
                  > > If it does not disturb this list too much I would prefer to still have
                  > > questions sent here.
                  > >

                  > > Regarding the question: I have no plans now to include ASP, but it is
                  > > not difficult to do it (if you know or at least can read Emacs lisp of
                  > > course). There are instructions for how to do it in mumamo.el. If you
                  > > add it yourself I would be glad to include that work in nXhtml.
                  > >

                  > Okay, I'll read mumamo.el and go from there. Thanks!

                  I have a strange habit of doing things that I do not have time to do.
                  Please mail me privately so we can see if we can do this together.