problem

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
      New file,
      select nxml-mode
      I receive the message

      External entity locatingRules not found

      It's finding the rules file OK

      Save schema location to /sgml/schemas.xml (y or n)
      Parsing prolog...
      External entity locatingRules not found

      Any suggestions please?

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
        Dave Pawson wrote:

        Hi Dave

        > New file,
        > select nxml-mode
        > I receive the message

        > External entity locatingRules not found

        > It's finding the rules file OK

        > Save schema location to /sgml/schemas.xml (y or n)
        > Parsing prolog...
        > External entity locatingRules not found

        Is that actually an error or just a message? If this is an error
        could you please post the stacktrace you get when debug-on-error is
        enabled (M-x toggle-debug-on-error)?

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 17, 2007
          On 04/09/2007, Florent Georges <darkman_spam@...> wrote:
          > Dave Pawson wrote:
          >
          > Hi Dave
          >
          > > New file,
          > > select nxml-mode
          > > I receive the message
          >
          > > External entity locatingRules not found
          >
          > > It's finding the rules file OK
          >
          > > Save schema location to /sgml/schemas.xml (y or n)
          > > Parsing prolog...
          > > External entity locatingRules not found
          >
          > Is that actually an error or just a message? If this is an error
          > could you please post the stacktrace you get when debug-on-error is
          > enabled (M-x toggle-debug-on-error)?

          It's happened again, so it is repeatable (just a long time between occurrences!)
          Scenario.
          Open an xml file
          associate the schema file
          select the file
          hit return
          the screen splits,
          the message is in the new buffer.
          debug-on-error was set.

          Nothing in the *Messages* buffer, so I guess it is just a 'message'.