2007-05-06 / nxml-mode-20041004.tar.gz

  • Jochen Hayek
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2007
      Hello, there!

      So far I have been using psgml, apparently co-developed by James Clark.
      A couple of years later, with a little more xml orientation he developed Relax NG, RNC, ... and last not least (?!?) nxml-mode.
      It looks to me, like nxml-mode quite fits to my needs,
      but still I am a little curious ...

      It looks like development on nxml-mode came to a stop after Oct. 2004.

      Software, that doesn't get changed within 2.5 years looks a little dead to me.

      Is it so perfect, that no further changes are necessary?

      Has its master focussed than on other areas?
      Actually his http://www.jclark.com/bio.htm was also last updated around then, exactly on "11/17/04", my Firefox tells me.

      So what's the latest hot thing with emacs and xml?

      J.
    • Chris Chiasson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2007
        nXML mode works well and is blazing fast. It doesn't have all the cool
        features that <oXygen/> has. xi:include processing and Schematron
        support would make nXML mode incredible.

        --
        http://chris.chiasson.name/
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2007

          > Software, that doesn't get changed within 2.5 years looks a little
          > dead to me.

          > Is it so perfect, that no further changes are necessary?

          Well. It basically works, and it works well.

          > Has its master focussed than on other areas?
          > Actually his http://www.jclark.com/bio.htm was also last updated
          > around then, exactly on "11/17/04", my Firefox tells me.

          He has a blog, that has seen activity this year:
          http://blog.jclark.com/

          But he hasn't shown up on this list again, yet.