Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Introducing myself

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2007
      franckbay wrote:
      > Hi !
      > i'm Franck, emacs user, former html-helper-mode user, and now
      > nxhtml-mode user (because I'm now working on php/javascript/xml/ and
      > so web sites... well, trying to).
      >
      > My first impression : well, it works pretty great ! maybe a lack of
      > doc (or I didn't look well enough). I'm pleased with using it, and
      > maybe will make some request for it if needed, but there's a lot to
      > learn before.
      >
      > Great job !

      Thanks, nice to hear. Since you are a former html-helper-mode user I am
      a bit curious. nxhtml-mode does things quite a bit differently. Is there
      something special you are missing from html-helper-mode?

      BTW I am working a bit more on making the setup of completion for php
      and similar a bit more easy. Coming back about it in some days.
    • franckbay
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2007
        --- In emacs-nxml-mode@yahoogroups.com, Lennart Borgman
        <lennart.borgman.073@...> wrote:

        > franckbay wrote:
        > > Hi !
        > > i'm Franck, emacs user, former html-helper-mode user, and now
        > > nxhtml-mode user (because I'm now working on php/javascript/xml/ and
        > > so web sites... well, trying to).
        > >
        > > My first impression : well, it works pretty great ! maybe a lack of
        > > doc (or I didn't look well enough). I'm pleased with using it, and
        > > maybe will make some request for it if needed, but there's a lot to
        > > learn before.
        > >
        > > Great job !
        >

        > Thanks, nice to hear. Since you are a former html-helper-mode user I am
        > a bit curious. nxhtml-mode does things quite a bit differently. Is
        there
        > something special you are missing from html-helper-mode?
        >
        > BTW I am working a bit more on making the setup of completion for php
        > and similar a bit more easy. Coming back about it in some days.

        For now I'm testing and using it a lot. I like the way it runs cross
        different mode, the validation. The markup are much more w3c complient
        than in html-helper-mode. Well, as I nedd to work with xml, php,
        java/ecmascript, xhtml, nxhtml mode is the best I've found. I'll make
        suggestion later, because I need to 'faire le tour' of it before.