aliasing tags?

  • aamehl
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2006
      Hi all,

      I was wondering how possible this would be.

      I want to have emacs/nxml alias the tags so that a user doesn't see
      the actual docbook/xhtml etc elements but a marker. (I know who needs
      such a thing, but I have so "I am scared of tags people)

      Additionally I would like to map the Return key to (once enable that
      way) put down the default tag (as defined) for that element.

      For example:

      cursor between the start and end tag.

      Another return would put down another <para></para> of course
      additional tags would need to be entered explicitly.

      The same for lists with Return laying down the list item plus para tag
      unless explicitly stopped.

      Is this at all possible with emacs/nxml?

      Thanks,
      Aaron