Re: "Range striding over charsets"

  • Paul Sleigh
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 30, 2006
      Thanks for this bugfix. That error message was driving me nuts. I
      thought for a second that the bugfix hadn't worked, until I noticed
      that my custom "recompile everything" function wasn't recompiling my
      ~/nxml directory. All good now. Thanks!
    • Jochen+emacs-nxml-mode@Hayek.name
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 18, 2007
        I started using nxml-mode with emacs-22.1 from a suse-10.3 "factory" release.

        During installation of the RPMs I read a message,
        saying that nxml-mode conflicts with Mule-UCS,
        which was made a "provides" tag of one of the emacs RPM.

        I overrid this problem, as I am mostly interested in iso-8859-1 files,
        but I would still prefer to see this problem solved.

        I wonder whether this problem is related to

        resp.

      • Jason Rumney
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 18, 2007
          Jochen+emacs-nxml-mode@... wrote:

          > I started using nxml-mode with emacs-22.1 from a suse-10.3 "factory"
          > release.
          >
          > During installation of the RPMs I read a message,
          > saying that nxml-mode conflicts with Mule-UCS,
          > which was made a "provides" tag of one of the emacs RPM.

          I guess whoever packaged emacs-22.1 helpfully made it "provide"
          mule-ucs since all the functionality that used to be provided by
          mule-ucs is now part of emacs. But since it is different code, and built
          in, it doesn't conflict with nxml-mode and other packages in the same way.
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 19, 2007
            On 18/06/07, Jason Rumney <jasonr@...> wrote:
            > Jochen+emacs-nxml-mode@... wrote:
            > >
            > > I started using nxml-mode with emacs-22.1 from a suse-10.3 "factory"
            > > release.
            > >
            > > During installation of the RPMs I read a message,
            > > saying that nxml-mode conflicts with Mule-UCS,
            > > which was made a "provides" tag of one of the emacs RPM.

            I'm using 22.1 with nxml-mode daily. If there is a conflict it doesn't show
            in daily use.

            Is this the list to suggest that nxml-mode is stable, high quality
            and very useful for any XML, XSLT XSL-FO work?

            Could it be considered for adoption and delivery with emacs?

            Then the right people could remove such conflicts. nxml-mode was designed
            in 2003 and the author has moved on to other (charity) work and no
            longer supports it.

          • paul killey
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 20, 2007
              On Jun 19, 2007, Dave Pawson wrote (re: Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] emacs-22.1,...

              > Is this the list to suggest that nxml-mode is stable, high quality and
              > very useful for any XML, XSLT XSL-FO work?

              My emacs / lisp development and tweaking skill set is stretched just by
              maintaining a fairly minimal .emacs file. Even so, nxml-mode has made
              editing docbook very accessible and productive for me.

              Speaking maybe on behalf of other low-end but appreciative users of
              nxml-mode, I hope those of you who have some standing in these communities
              are able to help maintain the usability of nxml as emacs is developed and
              changes.

              The information I have gleaned from 'lurking' on this list has been
              extremely valuable.

              --paul