listing values

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2006
      Hi all,

      I am writing a manual for denemo (denemo.sourceforce.net)

      it uses references to keybindings, lots and lots of them.

      I want to be able to pull up a list of the available keybindings once
      I add an attribute.

      This list will need to be created automatically from different
      keybinding files and then put in some format so that within nxml the
      documentation author can hit ctrl + enter and have the list appear.

      for example

      <keycombo action=simul>
      <keycap>Shift</keycap>
      <mousebutton>Button1</mousebutton>
      </keycombo>
      and drag the text to the new location.
      </para>

      and I would type action=" then ctrl enter would bring up the list of
      keybinding actions.

      What do I do to make this work inside nxml?

      Thanks
      Aaron
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2006
        Aaron wrote:

        > <keycombo action=simul>
        > <keycap>Shift</keycap>
        > <mousebutton>Button1</mousebutton>
        > </keycombo>
        > and drag the text to the new location.
        > </para>

        > and I would type action=" then ctrl enter would bring up
        > the list of keybinding actions.

        So, if I understand well, your problem is about attribute value
        completion. Right? If it is, you need to create a schema for your
        document type. nXML need RNC schemas, but they can be translated from
        schemas in other schema vocabularies (as WXS).

      • Aaron
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2006
          The manual is written in docbook.

          Aaron

          * Florent Georges <darkman_spam@...> [060331 11:48]:

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31, 2006
            Aaron wrote:

            > The manual is written in docbook.

            So you can get the schemas from somewhere. If the values of
            '@action' you want to complete are your own, you need to create a new
            schema that defines these values and include the original one.