Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] doctypePublicId

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2006
      On 11/02/06, nsushkin <nsushkin@...> wrote:
      > I was going to convert my SGML catalog which lists a bunch of public
      > ids to nxml mode schema locations file, but found out that
      > doctypePublicId instruction has not been implemented. Also, there
      > hasn't been a new version of nxml mode since 2004... Sad.

      Not sad at all.
      1. whats a public id?
      2. nxml-mode is for XML, not SGML.

      Don't complain about updates till yours has been refused.

      DaveP

    • Norman Walsh
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2006
        / Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...> was heard to say:
        | On 11/02/06, nsushkin <nsushkin@...> wrote:
        |> I was going to convert my SGML catalog which lists a bunch of public
        |> ids to nxml mode schema locations file, but found out that
        |> doctypePublicId instruction has not been implemented. Also, there
        |> hasn't been a new version of nxml mode since 2004... Sad.
        |
        | Not sad at all.
        | 1. whats a public id?

        <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
        "/path/to/my/local/docbookx.dtd">

        The part after the "public" keyword :-)

        And I expect that example makes it clear why it would be handy to
        support it. OTOH, I've simply abandoned DOCTYPE declarations
        altogether.

        | 2. nxml-mode is for XML, not SGML.

        XML has public identifiers. Unlike SGML, XML *requires* system
        identifiers, which makes public ones a bit less obviously useful, but

        Be seeing you,
        norm

        --
        Norman Walsh <normyahoo@...> | So much to do and so many other