Disabling validation for certain tags (using nxml-mode to edit ruby rhtml files)

  • palefacerocker
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
      I'm currently using mmm-mode with nxml-mode and ruby-mode to edit ruby
      .rhtml files which contain segments of code embedded between either
      "<%= %>" or "<% %>" tags. I would like to know if anyone can tell me
      how to disable nxml-mode's validation for these tags. Right now, I
      end up with the following:

      http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7898/emacsnxmlmodeinvalidrhtml5ow.png

      As you can see, the segments of embedded ruby code are failing
      validation and showing a red underline beneath them. I'd like to
      modify nxml-mode so that it simply ignores anything between the
      embedded ruby tags. The only alternative at the moment seems to be
      disabling validation altogether, although I'd like to avoid that if
      possible, since it's really quite useful. So if anyone can tell me
      the best way of going about this (modifying schema, editing lisp
      validation function directly, etc), I would very much appreciate it.
      Thanks,

      Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
        palefacerocker wrote:

        > I'm currently using mmm-mode with nxml-mode and ruby-mode to
        > edit ruby .rhtml files which contain segments of code embedded
        > between either "<%= %>" or "<% %>" tags. I would like to know
        > if anyone can tell me how to disable nxml-mode's validation for
        > these tags.

        They aren't tags.

        I wonder if MMM Mode can play correctly with this. IMHO, no.
        And if it doesn't, I can't see a way to achieve this with nXML.
        You can find in archive discussions about multiple modes and
        nXML.