useful shortcuts

  • Rakotomandimby Mihamina
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2006
      Hi,
      I mostly edit "zope page templates" and XHTML text.
      How to know the usefull shortcuts of nXML-mode?

      Just for exampe, C-x C-t was "add tag" in the html-mode, and there was
      several usefull shortcuts... I dont really master Emacs and did not find
      where to find the list of shortcuts if there are some...
      In fact I discover nxml, it has been reocmmended by some friends...

      --
      A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
      Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2006
        On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 01:36:49AM +0100,
        Rakotomandimby Mihamina <mihamina.rakotomandimby@...-orleans.fr> wrote
        a message of 30 lines which said:

        > How to know the usefull shortcuts of nXML-mode?

        Standard Emacs way:

        C-h m (and you get the mode-specific help)

        Another technique that I like:

        M-x nxml-<TAB>

        and you have all the functions that start with "nxml-". When you
        execute one, you have the current key binding indicated.

        You can also add your own bindings or change the existings. Since I
        like <TAB> for completion, I did:

        (add-hook 'nxml-mode-hook
        (lambda ()
        (define-key nxml-mode-map [(tab)] 'nxml-complete)))

        > Just for exampe, C-x C-t was "add tag" in the html-mode,

        < then nxml-complete (<TAB> in my case, I don't remember what the
        default is but you can use the above technique with M-x).

        > I dont really master Emacs

        This is clearly a problem: nxml is an Emacs mode and therefore is
        useful only if you know and like Emacs.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2006
          Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

          > I mostly edit "zope page templates" and XHTML text.
          > How to know the usefull shortcuts of nXML-mode?

          As for other library:

          C-h m RET
          C-h i m nxml RET
          C-h k <some-key>
          C-h f nxml-<some-func> RET
          C-h w nxml-<some-comm> RET

          The first key you have to know about is 'C-RET' (you must have a
          schema for the language you are editing for that to be usefull).