Bug report and fix

  • jon6685
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
      Could someone tell me where I can pass on a bug fix. I've tried
      emailing James Clark directly, but have not had any response.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
        jon6685 wrote:

        >Could someone tell me where I can pass on a bug fix. I've tried
        >emailing James Clark directly, but have not had any response.

        I do not know how to reach him, but maybe you can put the fix on
        http://www.emacswiki.org/ - ?
      • Norman Walsh
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
          / Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@...> was heard to say:
          | jon6685 wrote:
          |
          |>Could someone tell me where I can pass on a bug fix. I've tried
          |>emailing James Clark directly, but have not had any response.
          |>

          | I do not know how to reach him, but maybe you can put the fix on
          | http://www.emacswiki.org/ - ?

          Please post it here, too :-)

          Be seeing you,
          norm

          --
          Norman Walsh <normyahoo@...> | Never despair; but if you do,
          http://nwalsh.com/ | work on in despair.--Edmund Burke
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
            The bug is in nxml-backward-single-paragraph, which has ramifications
            for paragraph filling since nxml-do-fill-paragraph uses this function
            when defining the fill region.

            The test case is:

            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
            <test>
            <sub>some < more</sub>
            <sub>some < more</sub>
            <sub>no more <</sub>
            </test>

            Placing the cursor in the content of either the first or third sub
            element and executing nxml-backward-paragraph results in the correct
            behavior, but doing the same with the second sub element jumps back to
            the same position as the first.

            The bug is in line 10 of the nxml-backward-single-paragraph defun.
            This should be changed from:

            (search-backward "<" nxml-prolog-end t)

            to:

            (re-search-backward "[<&]" nxml-prolog-end t)

            Regards

            Jon
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
              On 03/01/06, jonhurst737 <untrusted@...> wrote:

              > The bug is in line 10 of the nxml-backward-single-paragraph defun.
              > This should be changed from:
              >
              > (search-backward "<" nxml-prolog-end t)
              >
              > to:
              >
              > (re-search-backward "[<&]" nxml-prolog-end t)

              Thanks John.
              Not line 10 of the defun in my listing though?
              The modified line is marked ;;DP below.
              Works OK after the mod you supplied though.

              Can you confirm this is the one?
              Iine 2053 in nxml-mode.el

              (defun nxml-backward-single-paragraph ()
              "Move backward over a single paragraph.
              Return nil at start of buffer, t otherwise."
              (let* ((token-end (nxml-token-before))
              (offset (- token-end (point)))
              (last-tag-pos xmltok-start)
              pos had-data last-data-pos)
              (goto-char token-end)
              (unless (setq pos (nxml-paragraph-start-pos nil offset))
              (setq had-data (nxml-token-contains-data-p nil offset))
              (goto-char xmltok-start)
              (while (and (not pos) (< (point-min) (point)))
              ;;DP (cond ((search-backward "<" nxml-prolog-end t)
              (cond ((re-search-backward "[<&]" nxml-prolog-end t)
              (nxml-move-outside-backwards)
              (save-excursion
              etc

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
                Dave Pawson wrote:

                > Not line 10 of the defun in my listing though?

                You're right. But it's the line 10 after the docstring. Coincidence
                ?-)

                Best wishes to all,

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
                  On 03/01/06, Florent Georges <darkman_spam@...> wrote:
                  > Dave Pawson wrote:
                  >
                  > > Not line 10 of the defun in my listing though?
                  >
                  > You're right. But it's the line 10 after the docstring. Coincidence
                  > ?-)

                  OK Florent :-)
                  So long as we are talking about the same change, line 10 it is!

                • LENNART BORGMAN
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
                    From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...>
                    Date: Tuesday, January 3, 2006 12:08 pm
                    Subject: Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Re: Bug report and fix

                    > On 03/01/06, Florent Georges <darkman_spam@...> wrote:
                    > > Dave Pawson wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Not line 10 of the defun in my listing though?
                    > >
                    > > You're right. But it's the line 10 after the docstring.
                    > Coincidence> ?-)
                    >
                    > OK Florent :-)
                    > So long as we are talking about the same change, line 10 it is!

                    What about a nice "diff -c"?
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
                      LENNART BORGMAN wrote:

                      > > OK Florent :-)
                      > > So long as we are talking about the same change, line
                      > > 10 it is!

                      > What about a nice "diff -c"?

                      Or even "diff -u" for accurate legibility.

                    • jonhurst737
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
                        --- In emacs-nxml-mode@yahoogroups.com, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@g...>
                        wrote: