Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Re: php and nxml

    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 14, 2005
      Justus Piater wrote:

      >Here's what I use:

      Thanks for the education. I save this.

      >C-c C-u "latin small letter a with ring above" works perfectly for me.

      I had no idea this was there. Thanks.

      >>Which php-mode where you using?
      >>

      >;;; php-mode.el --- major mode for editing PHP code
      >
      >;; Copyright (C) 1999-2004 Turadg Aleahmad
      >
      >;; Maintainer: Turadg Aleahmad <turadg at users.sourceforge.net>
      >
      >(defconst php-version "1.1.0"
      > "PHP Mode version number.")

      On the page http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PhpMode it says that
      this modes misbehaves sometimes. What do you think about that?

      (I am using the other php mode because of the statement on that page.)
    • Justus Piater
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 14, 2005
        Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@...> wrote on Mon, 14
        Nov 2005 16:06:10 +0100:

        > On the page http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PhpMode it says that
        > this modes misbehaves sometimes. What do you think about that?

        I have never noticed any of the mentioned problems.

        The reporter EtFb on that page cites bug reports but has never used
        the software himself. This is quite a shaky floor for making
        statements about a software.

        The other uses an ancient version of Emacs and an obscure operating
        system that I've never heard of.

        Justus

        --
        Justus H. Piater, Ph.D. http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
        Institut Montefiore, B28 Phone: +32-4-366-2279
        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 16, 2005

          > On 2005-11-11 15:00:43 +0100, Lennart Borgman wrote:

          >> Perhaps psgml-mode would be better to use for files that are not
          >> all xml, like php files. But nxml-mode is very nice because it
          >> knows the DTD and can help with syntax. It is also very nice
          >> because it tries to

          > nxml-mode doesn't use the DTD (or possibly only for entities?), but
          > a RNC schema.

          psgml on the other hand, does use DTDs... if you tell it where to find
          them.