RE: [emacs-nxml-mode] Re: schema locating file is not ignoring comments

  • drkm
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 21, 2005
      Sunil Raja Bhushan wrote:

      > > BTW, if nxml-mode doesn't report an error when there are comments
      > > before the XML declaration, this may be a bug in nXML.

      > But our format is different. Our format does'nt require
      > <?xml version= line. As as discussed earlier, it may not be proper to
      > call it xml. So I don't think there is a bug in nxml.

      The point is XML documents don't require XML declaration (if the
      default values, for example for 'encoding', are right). So you have
      the choice.

      Put your comments after the XML declarations (for example, Emacs
      allow you to put the Local Variables either on the first or the second
      line, or at the end of the file).

      Or make your document conforming to the default values of the XML
      declaration (UTF-8, etc.) and throw away the XML declaration.

      In either case, you'll have valid XML.