Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Editing RNC files?

  • Michael Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2005
      Norman Walsh <normyahoo@...> writes:

      > / Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc@...> was heard to say:
      > | Just wondering if it is possible to edit RNC (Compact format) files using
      > | nxml mode.
      > No, because they aren't XML. But there is an rnc-mode out there somewhere.
      > My copy doesn't have a URI, though it does have an author's address.
      > This looks promising: http://www.pantor.com/download.html

      For anybody running Debian, there's an "rnc-mode" package
      (maintained by Chris Lawrence) in stable.

      There's also an rnc.vim syntax file for Vim that appears to be
      included in the Vim 6.3 distro. (Hans Fugal developed it and still
      maintains it AFAIK, but oddly, the maintainer listed in the file
      in the Vim 6.3 distro is Nikolai "pcp" Weibull, although the file
      is clearly just a modified version of Hans Fugal's original.)

      I personally prefer the syntax highlighting from the rnc.vim
      package to that in rnc-mode.

      Michael Smith