Editing RNC files?

  • Sean LeBlanc
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2005
      Hiya,

      Just wondering if it is possible to edit RNC (Compact format) files using
      nxml mode.

      Thanks,

      --
      Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc@...
      I used to think that cyberspace was fifty years away. What I thought was fifty
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2005
        / Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc@...> was heard to say:
        | Just wondering if it is possible to edit RNC (Compact format) files using
        | nxml mode.

        No, because they aren't XML. But there is an rnc-mode out there somewhere.
        My copy doesn't have a URI, though it does have an author's address.
        This looks promising: http://www.pantor.com/download.html

        Be seeing you,
        norm

        --
        Norman Walsh <normyahoo@...> | A man may by custom fortify
        http://nwalsh.com/ | himself against pain, shame, and
        | suchlike accidents; but as to
        | death, we can experience it but
        | once, and are all apprentices
        | when we come to it.-- Montaigne
      • Paul Brown
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2005
          > Just wondering if it is possible to edit RNC (Compact format) files using
          > nxml mode.

          I have been using rnc-mode[1] to edit the files (highlighting, mostly)
          and the nxml-mode to load and validate the RNC.

          --
          [1] http://www.pantor.com/download.html
        • Michael Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27, 2005
            Norman Walsh <normyahoo@...> writes:

            > / Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc@...> was heard to say:
            > | Just wondering if it is possible to edit RNC (Compact format) files using
            > | nxml mode.
            >
            > No, because they aren't XML. But there is an rnc-mode out there somewhere.
            > My copy doesn't have a URI, though it does have an author's address.
            > This looks promising: http://www.pantor.com/download.html

            For anybody running Debian, there's an "rnc-mode" package
            (maintained by Chris Lawrence) in stable.

            There's also an rnc.vim syntax file for Vim that appears to be
            included in the Vim 6.3 distro. (Hans Fugal developed it and still
            maintains it AFAIK, but oddly, the maintainer listed in the file
            in the Vim 6.3 distro is Nikolai "pcp" Weibull, although the file
            is clearly just a modified version of Hans Fugal's original.)

            I personally prefer the syntax highlighting from the rnc.vim
            package to that in rnc-mode.

            --Mike

            --
            Michael Smith