Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Re: Editing RSS 1.0 (RDF) with nxml : how to get auto completion working ?

  • Norman Walsh
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 27, 2005
      / drkm <darkman_spam@...> was heard to say:
      |> If you write a grammar with multiple namespaces, it'll work just fine.
      |> And it's easy to import grammars so if you want RSS+x+y+z it shouldn't
      |> be too hard to construct a grammar for that.
      |
      | So if I want to use X+Y+Z, I have to write a specific grammar
      | explicitly importing all these three sub-grammars, is it right?
      | And I'll have to do this for each combination of grammars, right?
      | If it is, it could be nice to have a mechanism to say "for the
      | namespace X, use the file X.rnc, etc."

      There are folks actively looking into this problem. I expect NVDL will
      be the way to go (see dsdl.org), but I don't have any processors that
      understand it yet.

      | Because you say nXML can already use multiple namespaces in the
      | same grammar, it could be easy to nXML to build itself the
      | resulting grammar by combining multiple sub-grammars, isn't it?

      I think you still have to put the hooks into one grammar where you
      want the other to plug in. But really, if you have reason to do a lot
      of this, it probably makes more sense to invest in building some
      support for NVDL into your tools.

      Be seeing you,
      norm

      --