984Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] xincludes

  • Justus Piater
    Jun 10, 2005
      Michael Smith <smith@...> wrote on Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:08:38
      +0900:

      > mstanleyjones <misty@...> writes:
      >
      >> Is there any way to either get xincludes to be valid or to ignore
      >> them? Please? :)
      >
      > Neither. I think it's on the todo list

      Well, you can quite easily "ignore them" by writing a Relax NG
      customization layer that allows xi:include elements in specific
      places.

      Without having thought about it too much, here's my personal, current
      wish list:

      nxml-mode would distinguish between "deep validation" and "shallow
      validation".

      For deep validation, nxml-mode recursively slurps all xi:included
      files into Emacs buffers and validates them, thus permitting full
      validation of the file visited by the user, including all
      dependencies.

      For shallow validation, nxml-mode peeks only at the root elements of
      xi:included node-sets and uses these during validation of the user's
      buffer, assuming that the included subtrees are valid.

      One might also provide a way for the user to activate deep validation
      manually for individual xi:includes.

      However, both solutions require the full power of XPointer to be
      implemented in nxml-mode.

      Justus

      --
      Justus H. Piater, Ph.D. http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
      Institut Montefiore, B28 Phone: +32-4-366-2279