215Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] fontification colors

  • James Clark
    Oct 3, 2003
      At Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:24:41 -0400,
      Norman Walsh wrote:
      > I know almost nothing about how fontification works, so this may be
      > impractical, but...
      >
      > Is there any possibility of adding per-namespace colors? About the
      > only feature of xsl-ide that I miss is the ability to distinguish
      > between XSL instructions and literal result elements by color.
      >
      > I suppose per-prefix, rather than true per-namespace, fontification
      > would be a reasonable fallback.

      Per-namespace URI is not practical. How about distinguishing two
      kinds of elements, those that have the same prefix as the root element
      and those that do not? For attributes, attributes with no prefix
      would be treated the same as their parent element; attributes with a
      non-null prefix would be treated according to whether that prefix was
      the same as the root element prefix. That would be simple, but would
      be useful for a lot of vocabularies.

      James
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic