1939Re: Validation Error, Locating and Fixing

    Jul 15, 2009

      > I have tried trang, with no better out come, and the rnc looks ok to
      > me -- though I am no expert. What should I look for, and do you know
      > of a way of getting -- say -- line numbers for the error?

      I don't know, and it's impossible to say from the description. Perhaps
      you should ask on rng-users, perhaps with a posting of the actual schema
      file as an attachment?

      Perhaps ask first if it's ok to send the schema as an attachment? I
      don't know what the list's attachment policy is..

      > Haven't tried anything libxml2-based. Any suggestions

      xmllint: http://xmlsoft.org/xmllint.html

      It's a part of libxml2, and usually installed with it. It doesn't do
      schema validation, so you will have to try validating a sample document,
      and see if you get any schema errors.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic