1886Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] False-positive validation errors

  • Lucas Gonze
    Aug 13, 2008
      On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Lennart Borgman (gmail)
      <lennart.borgman@...> wrote:
      > I think everyone is aware of that, but no one has had time to fix this.
      > Or, rather, that it handles your transitional files at all is a fix.

      That is one way to fix it. But that doesn't address the larger issue
      that failing silently when there is no schema is a bug. I have spent
      a lot of time figuring out that the problem in my HTML is actually in
      the validator. I then found a place to report the error to XHTML-mode
      owners. They told me it was a problem in nxml-mode. I reported the
      problem on the nxml-mode wiki. No answer there. I waited a couple
      weeks to be sure that was not a usable way to reach the maintainers of
      nxml-mode. Then I looked for another potential home for maintainers,
      found this group and reported the error. All that work was caused by
      the error happening silently rather than being explicit.

      If nxml-mode doesn't have a schema to validate a file, it should
      disable validation and report the lack of a schema to the user.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic