1282Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] customizing a grammar and location grammar

    Mar 3, 2006
      Chris Chiasson wrote:

      > The first question refers to the ability of nxml to find
      > the correct file when a relax ng grammar includes another
      > grammar. As it is now, I don't think nxml mode is able to
      > (or is just not set up to) remap includes of one grammar
      > from another (though it does a fine job of mapping
      > namespaces and document types to local grammars). To sum:
      > afaik it can map doctype, public ids, namespaces, etc but
      > cannot map hrefs, includes...

      Ok. From what I understand of 'rng-c-parse-include', nXML
      doesn't provides the ability of remapping the target of an
      include. But I just had a quick look, and I can be wrong.

      > The second question refers to the location of locate.rnc.
      > It appears to me that nxml mode can't locate locate.rnc if
      > it is not in the same directory as samples.xml no matter
      > what the locating rule for locate.rnc says. I think this
      > is because locate.rnc gives the rules for parsing
      > samples.xml

      Mmh, so the problem is to use a schemas.xml to locate the
      schema of the schemas.xml documents, right? So the
      boostraping issue.

      You can use 'rng-schema-locating-file-schema-file'
      (initialy set to "<your-nxml>/schema/locate.rnc") for that.