Re: security=safer breaks elvis -client somefile

  • Georg Neis
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2004
      * Steve Kirkendall <skirkendall@...> wrote:
      > I just discovered that the security=safer setting is too strict.
      > I need to think this through, and I'm also hoping that some of
      > you can offer comments as well.

      I've played a little bit around with the security option (never used
      it before) and came across a problem:

      The manual says about security=safer:

      Some commands are allowed only when invoked without a filename
      argument. These are :edit, :ex, :file, :open, :push, :split,
      :visual, :wquit, and :xit.

      However, when I run e.g. 'elvis -S foo' and do :wq, I get the
      error message "wquit filename is unsafe" although I didn't supply an
      argument.

      > In other news, I've fixed a surprisingly large number of bugs, and
      > added a basic interface to the gdb debugger.

      Good news!

      Gruß, Georg