Taping the felt down just reduces the number of friction interfaces from two to one. I taped my felt down as there was not much friction between the felt anddavewi11
I have wear on my old Singer 201K after decades of use and missing a spool pin. Under the spool pin there is a chrome plate, a hard metal. Not sure whatalindseth
The purpose of the spool felt is to help prevent the spool from "Over-Spinning" as the thread is pulled off which can result in a loop of thread falling firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sewing Machines
- Apr 15, 2000
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members can hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.