Sunday

  • grace.pritchard@yale.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22 6:49 AM
      Dear all,

      Is anyone on this list going to the March for Women's Lives in
      Washington on Sunday? I want to get there but missed out on bus
      registration ... if anyone's driving down, I would love to carpool!

      Thanks!

      :) grace
    • Timothy Nottoli
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22 10:33 AM
        Hello all,

        Always interesting to see how things get edited. Here was my original
        first paragraph:

        I appreciated Paul Bass' "Road Hogs" Hit & Run piece. The incidents come
        as no surprise to those of us who bicycle frequently in and around this
        city, which I have for the last dozen years. In this city, where a red
        light is just a suggestion, and a turn signal seems to be disdained as
        offering too much information to the enemy, it feels like a battlezone out
        there; a battle for self-preservation, and a battle for the right to
        choose a mode of transportation. I think the crux of the problem appears
        right at the end of his article: "I still don't know," she says, "what the
        rules are."

        I thought it was kind of important to convey that riders feel that we're
        under siege, but maybe I was too critical? Considering what the roads are
        like, I felt like I was holding back a hell of a lot.

        Anyway, if some sort if info were to go out in tax bills, that might be a
        start. Maybe if the DMV actually tested people in order for them to get a
        license, it would help a lot...

        Tim