Big win for bikes!

  • Adam Gordon
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      Bill Davies and Lisa Fernandez of the Farmington Canal Rails-to-Trails
      Association board just returned from this morning¹s South Central
      Connecticut Regional Council of Governments meeting. Here¹s what Bill has to
      say:

      ³I am overjoyed to report that the "Updated Mobility Plan Resolution" was
      adopted unanimously, thus providing "...early support for Farmington Canal
      Trail (New Haven-Hamden) and Wallingford Quinnipiac River Trail
      improvements."²

      This would not have happened without the huge outpouring of phone calls and
      e-mails to the 15 mayors and first selectmen of the towns that make up the
      COG from people on this list and others. Thanks to everyone who participated
      in our efforts.

      A month ago, funding for trails was proposed to be pushed back to after
      2016; now we can expect to see serious movement on trails in the next
      decade. This is a big win for bicyclists in the New Haven area, and proof
      that we are a political force to be reckoned with.

      --Adam

      Adam Gordon adam.gordon@...

      "They always say that time changes things, but actually you have to change
      them yourself."
      --Andy Warhol