Re: [Elm City Cycling] April 31 Ride

  • Tuhus-Dubrow
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2002
      There is no April 31. The last Friday in April is the 26th. Isn't that when
      the rides usually are?

      Melinda Tuhus

      John Halle wrote:

      > >Can anyone confirm for me that there will be a Critical Mass ride in
      > >NH on April 31? If so, I'll post in the SCCC April newsletter.
      > >
      > >How was the turnout on the March ride?
      > >
      > >Any further thoughts about a weekend ride?
      > >
      > >Thanks,
      > >Charles
      > >

      > I'll be there, at least.
      >
      > As for the March ride, it was great. About fifteen of us trailed
      > behind Matt Feiner (local artist and bike surgeon) along the length
      > of Front St as it follows the Q river, then under 91, down Ferry St.,
      > through East Rock park, down Orange St. and back to our starting
      > point-Church and Elm.
      >
      > A fine, albeit non-ideological time was had by all this time.
      >
      > Next time let's try to get more bodies and, in so doing, make a bit
      > more of a statement as to whose streets these are-i.e. "our streets!".
      >
      > See you in a few weeks!
      >
      > --
      > John Halle
      > Green Party Alderman
      > Ward 9, New Haven, CT
      >
      > http://www.ctgreens.org/newhaven/halle/index.html
      >
      > Assistant Professor of Music
      > Yale University
      >
      > CSMT: 203-432-4164, 432-2531
      > Dept of Music: 203-432-2985
      > Home: 203-785-9258

    • cpape_sccc

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2002
          >Can anyone confirm for me that there will be a Critical Mass ride in
          >NH on April 31? If so, I'll post in the SCCC April newsletter.
          >
          >How was the turnout on the March ride?
          >
          >Any further thoughts about a weekend ride?
          >
          >Thanks,
          >Charles

          I'll be there, at least.

          As for the March ride, it was great. About fifteen of us trailed
          behind Matt Feiner (local artist and bike surgeon) along the length
          of Front St as it follows the Q river, then under 91, down Ferry St.,
          through East Rock park, down Orange St. and back to our starting
          point-Church and Elm.

          A fine, albeit non-ideological time was had by all this time.

          Next time let's try to get more bodies and, in so doing, make a bit
          more of a statement as to whose streets these are-i.e. "our streets!".

          See you in a few weeks!

          --
          John Halle
          Green Party Alderman
          Ward 9, New Haven, CT

          http://www.ctgreens.org/newhaven/halle/index.html

          Assistant Professor of Music
          Yale University

          CSMT: 203-432-4164, 432-2531
          Dept of Music: 203-432-2985
          Home: 203-785-9258
        • bruce crowder
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2002
            Problem: April only has 30 days.

            Should we be having it on Friday, April 26th (fourth friday of the month)?

            -Bruce

            > >Can anyone confirm for me that there will be a Critical Mass ride in
            > >NH on April 31? If so, I'll post in the SCCC April newsletter.
            > >
            > >How was the turnout on the March ride?
            > >
            > >Any further thoughts about a weekend ride?
            > >
            > >Thanks,
            > >Charles
            > >

            > I'll be there, at least.
            >
            > As for the March ride, it was great. About fifteen of us trailed
            > behind Matt Feiner (local artist and bike surgeon) along the length
            > of Front St as it follows the Q river, then under 91, down Ferry St.,
            > through East Rock park, down Orange St. and back to our starting
            > point-Church and Elm.
            >
            > A fine, albeit non-ideological time was had by all this time.
            >
            > Next time let's try to get more bodies and, in so doing, make a bit
            > more of a statement as to whose streets these are-i.e. "our streets!".
            >
            > See you in a few weeks!
            >
            > --
            > John Halle
            > Green Party Alderman
            > Ward 9, New Haven, CT
            >
            > http://www.ctgreens.org/newhaven/halle/index.html
            >
            > Assistant Professor of Music
            > Yale University
            >
            > CSMT: 203-432-4164, 432-2531
            > Dept of Music: 203-432-2985
            > Home: 203-785-9258

          • Alexander Marathas
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 10, 2002

              I'm in for a Sat or Sun ride down the Farmington Canal. In fact I'll probably go for a ride between 9:30 - 11:30 am if anyone is interested.

              Alex Marathas

              Ph. 203 464 2233

              Fx. 203 777 8878

            • John Halle
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 11, 2002
                >Problem: April only has 30 days.
                >
                >Should we be having it on Friday, April 26th (fourth friday of the month)?
                >
                >-Bruce

                Oops,

                You bet, Friday, the 26th.

                See you all then.

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 12, 2002
                  Would you believe I meant May 31? Our April newsletter was printed
                  over 2 weeks ago. Hey Bruce, did you know that April only has 30
                  days, or did you have to look it up in your calendar? You didn't tell
                  us that.

                  So, .... how about it? May 31 anybody?

                  Also, who should I put in the newsletter as a contact person for
                  questions? Last month I found on the CBC site a contact -
                  "thedevilsgear@..." - but really confirm it was still current.

                  Thanks again,
                  Charles

                  --- In elmcitycycling@y..., "bruce crowder" <bcrowder@s...> wrote:
                  > Problem: April only has 30 days.
                  >
                  > Should we be having it on Friday, April 26th (fourth friday of the
                  month)?

                  > -Bruce

                • CT Bicycle Coalition
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 15, 2002
                    Charles:

                    We always strive to keep our information current. We are very active
                    in the Greater New Haven area and happy to see that the ride has
                    sustained itself. I rotate between CM rides around the state and
                    publicize them as I can.

                    Devils gear is Matthew Feiner's e-mail (he who was "tailed" in the
                    last ride).

                    Regards,
                    David Hiller
                    Director

                    The Connecticut Bicycle Coalition
                    Advocates for Bicycling, Walking and Sustainable Development
                    One Union Place, Hartford, CT 06103
                    phone(860)527-5200/fax(860)527-5035
                    www.ctbike.org

                    Would you believe I meant May 31? Our April newsletter was printed
                    over 2 weeks ago. Hey Bruce, did you know that April only has 30
                    days, or did you have to look it up in your calendar? You didn't tell
                    us that.

                    So, .... how about it? May 31 anybody?

                    Also, who should I put in the newsletter as a contact person for
                    questions? Last month I found on the CBC site a contact -
                    "thedevilsgear@..." - but really confirm it was still current.

                    Thanks again,
                    Charles

                    --- In elmcitycycling@y..., "bruce crowder" <bcrowder@s...> wrote:
                    > Problem: April only has 30 days.
                    >
                    > Should we be having it on Friday, April 26th (fourth friday of the
                    month)?

                    > -Bruce

                    Buy Stock for $4
                    and no minimums.