Re: [Elm City Cycling] silly ad doesn't think bikes are cool, but CRITMAS ROCKED last night!

  • Sarah Perkin
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 4:36 AM
      I have only just had time to view the ad and I agree
      that it does appear to depict a guy in cutoff shorts
      who is supposedly a 'slacker' being transformed by AM
      college into a pristine businessman type.

      Personally, I think it would be pointless to do the
      letter drive as the damage is already done, but at
      least we can comfort ourselves that people on the
      whole seem to be warming up to us on the CRITMAS
      rides!

      Why don't we all just continue to show people that
      cyclists have busy interesting lives too and the only
      difference between us and the unconverted is that our
      lives are more fulfilled, we have a better work-play
      balance and are less stressed than your average
      yuppie!

      Frenchie
      --- Leslie Kuo <leslie@...> wrote:

      > Hi cyclists,
      >
      > I was reading the NH Register online when I saw an
      > ad that shows the
      > legs of a cyclist with a good-looking bike, with the
      > words "Change
      > your routine, change your life". Intrigued, I
      > watched the animation,
      > hoping for a pro-cycling message.
      >
      > Instead, I found that the cyclist was the "before"
      > in a before-and-
      > after type ad.
      >
      > I can't believe going from cycling to a buttoned-up
      > fluorescent
      > lighted office is an improvement.
      >
      > Wow!
      >
      > http://www.nhregister.com/site/index.cfm?

      newsid=16357186&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=517515&rfi=8

      http://mail.yahoo.com