Central CT Bicycle Alliance - Volunteer Opportunities

  • Hua Tan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005

      FYI, please see the attached message. – Hua Tan

      From: " Sandy Fry " <sfry@...>
      To: " Sandy Fry " <sfry@...>
      Subject: Central CT Bicycle Alliance - Volunteer Opportunities
      Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:56:30 -0400

      The CCBA is getting involved with some activities this fall, and you are invited to join in. Following is a quick summary and contact information (more information can be found on the website <http://www.wecyclect.org/volunteer.htm> http://www.wecyclect.org/volunteer.htm):

      CCBA @ the Hope Out Loud Peace & Music Festival

      Sunday September 11, 1-5 PM, Bushnell Park

      Now in its fourth year, the Hope Out Loud Peace and Music Festival is a shared call for peaceful, sustainable resolution of conflict in our towns and in our world through equity and social justice.  The CCBA will have a table set up with CCBA brochures and general bike safety information.  We need help staffing the booth from 1 to 5 PM.  Contact Tony ( webmaster@...) to volunteer or ask questions.

      Tour Des Farms, September 17, Woodstock , CT

      The organizers of the Tour Des Farms ride are looking for a couple of volunteers to help out between 8 am and 2 PM.  The ride organizers will be distributing our CCBA brochure to all participants, so we are hoping that many CCBA members will lend their support to the ride.   Contact Fernando Rincon (  <mailto:Fernando.Rincon@...> Fernando.Rincon@...) for more information.

      <http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1222373> http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1222373 to register online

      CCBA Sag Wagon for the Hartford Marathon, Sunday October 8  7AM to 1 PM

      Volunteers will ride along with the marathoners in varying paces and locations to act as race support. Some riders will be tasked as "Gu on Demand" and will have backpacks full of Gu energy gel to distribute to runners as necessary. CCBA will also staff an information booth in the finish area in Bushnell Park . Consider volunteering, we can use 15+ people. We need headcount and visibility as sag volunteers, and people sporting the new <http://www.wecyclect.org/about_the_ccba.htm> Green CCBA T-shirt will also help increase exposure.

      To sign up, for course bicyclist: Preferred - Sign up to volunteer online as a Course Bicyclist in Race Day Operations @ <http://www.hartfordmarathon.com/volunteer/> http://www.hartfordmarathon.com/volunteer/. Be sure to list the Central Connecticut Bicycle Alliance as the Name of the Club you are volunteering with. Back-up method: Contact Miriam Chirico ( <mailto:ChiricoM@...> ChiricoM@...).  You will be contacted before the event with all the necessary details regarding your Course Cyclist Volunteer Assignment.

      To sign up to man the CCBA Booth, contact Ken Krayeske (  <mailto:wtcards@...> wtcards@...)

      CCBA in the Glastonbury Apple Festival Parade

      Please join us to represent Central Connecticut Bicycle Alliance (CCBA) by riding in the Glastonbury Harvest Festival Parade on Sunday, October 16.  The parade starts at 1pm (lineup time is noon behind Academy School on Main Street ) and the parade route is approximately 1 mile long.  Total time commitment will be about 2 hours.

      We are looking for people with interesting and different bikes as well as people who have not so interesting bikes, but a joy of riding. You may feel free to dress up your bike or wear a costume. Our goal is to get the word out that bicycling is fun! People sporting the new "sour apple" <http://www.wecyclect.org/about_the_ccba.htm> Green CCBA T-shirt will also help increase exposure.

      If you're interested, please contact Robyn Guimont at 702-5876 (work) 657-2244 (home) or via email at  <mailto:robynware@...> robynware@....  If your bike is "interesting", let Robyn know so she can get info to the parade organizers

      Sandy Fry
      Principal Transportation Planner
      Capitol Region Council of Governments
      241 Main Street