3rd annual Pierre Lallement Ride

  • pauljproulx
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2013
      This Sunday (May 5) is the 3rd annual Pierre Lallement ride from New Haven to Ansonia (and return). The ride will leave from the Pierre Lallement plaque on the Upper Green at the corner of College and Chapel. Meeting time is 10AM for a 10:15AM departure time. Laura Burrone will be at the plaque at 10AM. I will be at Lulu's at 10:00 and leading any Lulu riders to the green for the 10:15 departure. Ansonia has a festival, that we will become part of, to commemorate Pierre Lallement (who patented the pedal powered bicycle while living in Ansonia in the 1860s and made a ride from Ansonia to New Haven to demonstrate his new invention (as if you didn't know all of this). Noted bicycle author David Herlihy of Boston is expected to join us for the ride. The weather looks ideal. Come on out and join us.