Bike to Work Day breakfast this Friday

  • Melinda Tuhus
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2011
      Hi fellow cyclists,
          Do you think we can beat last month's turnout? (Forecast isn't that great, but we'll be inside at the Devil's Gear if it rains.)
      Hope to see you there!

      Melinda
      ----------------
      This Friday, Elm City Cycling's monthly free breakfast event will unite sustainable transportation with sustainable power. The breakfast, which last month brought out a record one hundred cyclists, will be sponsored by Phoenix Press, New Haven's home-grown print shop powered by its own wind turbine to provide clean, renewable energy for its operations. All kinds of cyclists are expected on all sorts of conveyances: sleek racing bikes, practical hybrids, folding bikes, cargo bikes, a pedicab and perhaps a unicycle. Phoenix proprietor Brian Driscoll will address the gathered throng briefly around 8:30 a.m., and we'll be awarding our "Commuter of the Month" certificate to Paula Moody, executive director of the St. Francis Home for Children in New Haven, who bikes in from Middletown.

      Details below:
      Elm City Cycling presents Bike to Work Day free breakfast to cyclists and commuting pedestrians on Friday, Aug. 19, from 7:30-9:30 a.m. in Pitkin Plaza on Orange Street between Chapel and Court streets. Breakfast provided by Bru Cafe. Sponsored by Phoenix Press...Wind to Print. For more information contact bicyclenewhaven@... or call 203.287.9811.
    • Melinda Tuhus
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2011
        It's 59 degrees at 7 a.m. this morning. Not bad for mid-November. Whether we'll be lucky enough to hit that (or anything close to it) Friday morning, we don't know, but whatever the weather, come on down to BTW Day breakfast this Friday between 7:30-9:30 a.m., either at Pitkin Plaza or inside the cozy Devil's Gear Bike Shop, 151 Orange St. Food will be provided by the just-opened Elm City Market around the corner. Bring a neighbor/co-worker/friend.

        cheers!
        Melinda
      • Melinda Tuhus
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2012
          Hello all you fair weather winter riders,
             Friday is predicted to be sunny with a high of 48 degrees (a little cooler in the a.m.) Is this really winter?!
             It's a perfect day to stop by the Devil's Gear, 151 Orange St. in Pitkin Plaza, for a cozy breakfast and schmooze with your fellow cyclists. 7:30-9:30 a.m. Food and coffee by Bru.
             C U there!

          Melinda