Ellwood descendants in Australia

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2011
      We have recently discovered quite a number of Ellwood descendants who went to
      Australia, and have made contact with some of these families.

      Margaret Ellwood and Thomas Litster

      This is the one that is closest to us, since Margaret Ellwood was the sister
      of Val’s great grandfather Thomas Ellwood. They were children of John Ellwood
      and Bridget Anderson of Whitehaven, Cumberland. Thomas Litster had been
      married before, and had two children of his first marriage. Two children of
      the second marriage were born in Cumberland, and the remainder in Australia,
      where they emigrated in 1886.

      Children of John Ellwood and Ann Bellas

      These are much less closely related to us, since the connection to a common
      ancestor lies several generations further back. Some of the children, and
      some of their children and some of their grandchildren emigrated. As with the
      Litster family, they seem to have initially gone to Victoria, and we wonder
      if they were in contact with each other there, and if they knew that they
      were related.

      We are in touch with some descendants of both families, and hope to learn
      more about the other descendants.

      If you are related to any of these families, please tell most. We would like
      to learn more about them.

      See more at

      http://wp.me/pfvXY-cD

      where there is a linked file of family group sheets.