Re: [ellwood] New file uploaded to ellwood

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 11, 2011
      On 11 Aug 2011 at 13:19, GenieZ wrote:

      > When I try to access this I get an error message
      > A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close
      > this webpage. Then it closes my window on explorer

      If you were using Avast antivirus, itn had dome problems with the file
      exchange last week.

      I don't usually use Internet Explorer, but I'll try to test it out -- is
      anyone else having this problem?

    • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 15, 2014
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
        group.

        File : /Stories/MorrisonEllwood.pdf
        Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
        Description : The cotent of Bruce Morrison's website "Ellwood Genealogy" tracing the descent of some branches of the Ellwood family of Dufton, Westmorland, England

        You can access this file at the URL:

        hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
      • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 18, 2014
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
          group.

          File : /Trees/EllwoodSamDesc.pdf
          Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
          Description : Reputed descendants of Smeul Ellwood (b. 1726, Dufton, Westmorland) and Hannah Barrow, as at 19 May 2014, compiled by Steve & Val Hayes

          Message 4 of 10 , May 19, 2014
            On 18 May 2014 at 21:07, ellwood@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
            > group.
            >

            > File : /Trees/EllwoodSamDesc.pdf
            > Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
            > Description : Reputed descendants of Smeul Ellwood (b. 1726, Dufton,
            > Westmorland) and Hannah Barrow, as at 19 May 2014, compiled by Steve & Val
            > Hayes

            That should be Samuel Ellwood!

            Bear in mind that it is a work in progress, and some of the links are not
            certain, particularly the earlier ones, but I have uploaded it so that others
            who are working on that branch of the Ellwoods can see what we have , and
            check to see if it is consistent with their records.

            We've come across a few oddities in that branch.

            One is that an Elijah Ellwood, born in 1831, who married Mary Heron in
            Ulverston in 1873, appears in the 1861 and 1871 censuses in Yorkshire as
            "Harrison Ellwood". In 1881 he is Elijah Helwood, and almost immediately
            after the census the whole family emigrated to the USA, and eventually
            settled in Washington - Elijah's daughter Agnes Ellwood married Joseph
            Chapman and had 10 children (that we have managed to find).

            The mystery is why Elijah Ellwood called himself Harrison in 2 censuses. He
            had a younger brother Harrison Ellwood, so one wonders if he was
            impersonating his brother. Also, though he is listed as "married", his wife
            Mary is not to be found in either the 1871 or 1881 censuses.

            Blog: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com
            Web: http://www.khanya.org.za/famhist1.htm
            E-mail: shayes@...
          • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 12, 2014
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
              group.

              File : /Stories/following two Agnes Ellwoods.pdf
              Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
              Description : Agnes Ellwood married John Tallon in Ulverstone in 1855 and emigrated to the USA, but who was she? This explains why we think most of her descendants have got the wrong Agnes

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 22, 2014
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                group.

                File : /Trees/George ELWOOD Descendants Report.pdf
                Uploaded by : jerrywh57 <jerrywh57@...>
                Description : Descendants of George Elwood (1788-1864)

                You can access this file at the URL:

                jerrywh57 <jerrywh57@...>
              • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 22, 2014
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                  group.

                  File : /Trees/George ELWOOD Descendants Tree.pdf
                  Uploaded by : jerrywh57 <jerrywh57@...>
                  Description : Abbreviated tree showing Elwood descendants of George Elwood (1788-1864)

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 12, 2016
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                    group.

                    File : /Trees/Tallon1.pdf
                    Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                    Description : Descendants of Agnes Ellwood and John Jackson Tallon. They emigrated to the USA after their marriage, and left numerous descendants. This report has short notes. A version with full notes is available from Steve & Val Hayes shayes@...

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 12, 2016
                      On 12 Mar 2016 at 22:10, ellwood@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                      > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                      > group.
                      >

                      > File : /Trees/Tallon1.pdf
                      > Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                      > Description : Descendants of Agnes Ellwood and John Jackson Tallon. They
                      > emigrated to the USA after their marriage, and left numerous descendants.
                      > This report has short notes. A version with full notes is available from
                      > Steve & Val Hayes shayes@...

                      This is quite a long file of over 200 pages. The full version is over 350
                      pages, with fuller notes and sources. Agnes Ellwood was descended from Samuel
                      Ellwood and Hannah Barrow.

                      > You can access this file at the URL:

                      You will need to log in with your Yahoo Id to download it.