Re: [ellwood] New file uploaded to ellwood

  • GenieZ
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
      When I try to access this I get an error message

      A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage.

      Then it closes my window  on explorer

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
        On 11 Aug 2011 at 13:19, GenieZ wrote:

        > When I try to access this I get an error message
        > A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close
        > this webpage. Then it closes my window on explorer

        If you were using Avast antivirus, itn had dome problems with the file
        exchange last week.

        I don't usually use Internet Explorer, but I'll try to test it out -- is
        anyone else having this problem?

      • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 15, 2014
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
          group.

          File : /Stories/MorrisonEllwood.pdf
          Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
          Description : The cotent of Bruce Morrison's website "Ellwood Genealogy" tracing the descent of some branches of the Ellwood family of Dufton, Westmorland, England

          Message 4 of 8 , May 18, 2014
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
            group.

            File : /Trees/EllwoodSamDesc.pdf
            Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
            Description : Reputed descendants of Smeul Ellwood (b. 1726, Dufton, Westmorland) and Hannah Barrow, as at 19 May 2014, compiled by Steve & Val Hayes

            Message 5 of 8 , May 19, 2014
              On 18 May 2014 at 21:07, ellwood@yahoogroups.com wrote:

              > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
              > group.
              >

              > File : /Trees/EllwoodSamDesc.pdf
              > Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
              > Description : Reputed descendants of Smeul Ellwood (b. 1726, Dufton,
              > Westmorland) and Hannah Barrow, as at 19 May 2014, compiled by Steve & Val
              > Hayes

              That should be Samuel Ellwood!

              Bear in mind that it is a work in progress, and some of the links are not
              certain, particularly the earlier ones, but I have uploaded it so that others
              who are working on that branch of the Ellwoods can see what we have , and
              check to see if it is consistent with their records.

              We've come across a few oddities in that branch.

              One is that an Elijah Ellwood, born in 1831, who married Mary Heron in
              Ulverston in 1873, appears in the 1861 and 1871 censuses in Yorkshire as
              "Harrison Ellwood". In 1881 he is Elijah Helwood, and almost immediately
              after the census the whole family emigrated to the USA, and eventually
              settled in Washington - Elijah's daughter Agnes Ellwood married Joseph
              Chapman and had 10 children (that we have managed to find).

              The mystery is why Elijah Ellwood called himself Harrison in 2 censuses. He
              had a younger brother Harrison Ellwood, so one wonders if he was
              impersonating his brother. Also, though he is listed as "married", his wife
              Mary is not to be found in either the 1871 or 1881 censuses.

              Blog: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com
              Web: http://www.khanya.org.za/famhist1.htm
              E-mail: shayes@...
            • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 12 10:34 AM
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                group.

                File : /Stories/following two Agnes Ellwoods.pdf
                Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                Description : Agnes Ellwood married John Tallon in Ulverstone in 1855 and emigrated to the USA, but who was she? This explains why we think most of her descendants have got the wrong Agnes

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 22 3:19 PM
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                  group.

                  File : /Trees/George ELWOOD Descendants Report.pdf
                  Uploaded by : jerrywh57 <jerrywh57@...>
                  Description : Descendants of George Elwood (1788-1864)

                  You can access this file at the URL:

                  jerrywh57 <jerrywh57@...>
                • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 22 3:21 PM
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                    group.

                    File : /Trees/George ELWOOD Descendants Tree.pdf
                    Uploaded by : jerrywh57 <jerrywh57@...>
                    Description : Abbreviated tree showing Elwood descendants of George Elwood (1788-1864)