Re: John Ellwood of Dufton

  • Gillian Mc kenna
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2011
      Hi All,

      John Ellwood of Dufton Hall, from the diary below, died 18 Sep 1872. His wife Nancy died afterwards 20 Oct 1876. In both cases probate was granted to John William Ellwood, yeoman of Dufton, their son.

      As far as I can tell, there are no longer any Ellwoods living at Dufton Hall (1881 - 1911). I wonder what happenned to them?

      John Ellwood and Nancy (Bell)

      Mary b1825
      Anne b1827
      Betsy b1829