Re: Ellooods in Brough and Kirkby Thore

  • Gillian Mc kenna
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2011
      Hi All,

      I have no connection to these Ellwoods, however, I have a little info on them.

      William Ellwood born c1777 Brampton, Blacksmith marr Mary Deighton 11/10/1802 Brough under Stainmore.

      Children:

      -William b1803 BUS (probably died as an infant)
      -William 1805-1844 Kirkby Thore (blacksmith) marr Barbara Lakeland 1833 KT, she was born Hilton, d1882 KT
      -John (Blacksmith) b1803 BUS d1872 KT marr Frances Battie
      -Elizabeth b1810 KT.

      I know William senior was born Brampton from the 1851 census. Do you know who his parents were? Another researcher has his parents as William Ellwood & Frances Redbank. William their son was baptised 12/1/1783 Crosby Ravensworth. This Ellwood family lived in Maulds Meaburn at the farms Lankaber & then Lofterus.

      I'll see if I can dig out any more info.