Re: Dobson-Ellwood connection

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30 8:16 AM
      Hi All,

      I do have some Dobson info. I'll need to find it though!!

      At the moment, all I can find is:

      Bridget Dobson is the daughter of Reginald Dobson and Margaret. She was born 1607 in Dufton.
      Baptism on 07 May 1607 in Dufton [3]. She died on 27 Dec 1662 in Dufton [3].

      I will keep looking!

      > Bruce Morrison writes: "Christopher Ellwood married Bridget Dobson on July
      > 17, 1625 in Dufton... The Dobson family also produces a double line of direct
      > descent through William Dobson, brother of Bridget. This double descent will
      > occur through a later generation Ellwood- Dobson marriage in the female
      > Ellwood line already mentioned."
      >
      > Has anyone recorded this line of descent?
      >
      > Has anyone recorded Bridget's other siblings and their descendants?

    • Hilary Jackson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30 8:44 AM

        Hi , I can’t find Brigitte’s brother William but I have a Thomas Ellwood born 1640 in Dufton (to Thomas Ellwood born about 1600 and Margaret Atkinson) who married Elizabeth Dobson on 12 June 1666 at Dufton. Best Wishes Hilary

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30 11:12 AM
          On 30 Apr 2013 at 15:16, Gillian Mc Kenna wrote:

          > I do have some Dobson info. I'll need to find it though!!
          >
          > At the moment, all I can find is:
          >
          > Bridget Dobson is the daughter of Reginald Dobson and Margaret. She was born
          > 1607 in Dufton. Baptism on 07 May 1607 in Dufton [3]. She died on 27 Dec 1662
          > in Dufton [3].

          Yes, that's what we have. I'm wondering about the other line that joined the
          Ellwoods again further down.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2013
            Hi,

            I have had a look through some of my Dobson papers. I did have a go at researching this family but I don't seem to have written much down.

            I do have a will of Reginald Dobson dated 1681. He was the son of William D-----------------------------------obson mentioned in Bruce's website. William was married to Elizabeth and born 1609 Dufton.

            Reginald the son was born 1647 and died 1681 fairly young aged 34. In his will he mentions:

            His sister Margaret Jackson
            His sister Elizabeth Elwood
            Elizabeth Furnass dau Robert Furnas
            His aunt Genat Atkinson
            His sister Agnes Hall
            His wife Genatt (there is a marriage in familysearch - Jennatt Thompson mar Reginald Dobson Dufton 24/11/1670)
            Daughter Elizabeth.

            Witnessed by Robert Thornbor, Thomas Elwood (husband of his sister Elizabeth?), Robert Furnas.

            From this it would appear that Elizabeth Dobson b1645, dau of William Dobson b1609, William son of Reginald Dobson and sister of Bridget Dobson married Thomas Elwood 1666 Dufton.