Dobson-Ellwood connection

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
      Bruce Morrison writes: "Christopher Ellwood married Bridget Dobson on July
      17, 1625 in Dufton... The Dobson family also produces a double line of direct
      descent through William Dobson, brother of Bridget. This double descent will
      occur through a later generation Ellwood- Dobson marriage in the female
      Ellwood line already mentioned."

      Has anyone recorded this line of descent?

      Has anyone recorded Bridget's other siblings and their descendants?

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
        Hi All,

        I do have some Dobson info. I'll need to find it though!!

        At the moment, all I can find is:

        Bridget Dobson is the daughter of Reginald Dobson and Margaret. She was born 1607 in Dufton.
        Baptism on 07 May 1607 in Dufton [3]. She died on 27 Dec 1662 in Dufton [3].

        I will keep looking!

        > Bruce Morrison writes: "Christopher Ellwood married Bridget Dobson on July
        > 17, 1625 in Dufton... The Dobson family also produces a double line of direct
        > descent through William Dobson, brother of Bridget. This double descent will
        > occur through a later generation Ellwood- Dobson marriage in the female
        > Ellwood line already mentioned."
        >
        > Has anyone recorded this line of descent?
        >
        > Has anyone recorded Bridget's other siblings and their descendants?

      • Hilary Jackson
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013

          Hi , I can’t find Brigitte’s brother William but I have a Thomas Ellwood born 1640 in Dufton (to Thomas Ellwood born about 1600 and Margaret Atkinson) who married Elizabeth Dobson on 12 June 1666 at Dufton. Best Wishes Hilary

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
            On 30 Apr 2013 at 15:16, Gillian Mc Kenna wrote:

            > I do have some Dobson info. I'll need to find it though!!
            >
            > At the moment, all I can find is:
            >
            > Bridget Dobson is the daughter of Reginald Dobson and Margaret. She was born
            > 1607 in Dufton. Baptism on 07 May 1607 in Dufton [3]. She died on 27 Dec 1662
            > in Dufton [3].

            Yes, that's what we have. I'm wondering about the other line that joined the
            Ellwoods again further down.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2013
              Hi,

              I have had a look through some of my Dobson papers. I did have a go at researching this family but I don't seem to have written much down.

              I do have a will of Reginald Dobson dated 1681. He was the son of William D-----------------------------------obson mentioned in Bruce's website. William was married to Elizabeth and born 1609 Dufton.

              Reginald the son was born 1647 and died 1681 fairly young aged 34. In his will he mentions:

              His sister Margaret Jackson
              His sister Elizabeth Elwood
              Elizabeth Furnass dau Robert Furnas
              His aunt Genat Atkinson
              His sister Agnes Hall
              His wife Genatt (there is a marriage in familysearch - Jennatt Thompson mar Reginald Dobson Dufton 24/11/1670)
              Daughter Elizabeth.

              Witnessed by Robert Thornbor, Thomas Elwood (husband of his sister Elizabeth?), Robert Furnas.

              From this it would appear that Elizabeth Dobson b1645, dau of William Dobson b1609, William son of Reginald Dobson and sister of Bridget Dobson married Thomas Elwood 1666 Dufton.