Re: hi i'm new

  • Anna
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 14, 2013
      My grandmother

      Ella Louise Elwood
      Birth November 22, 1921 in Valley Farms, Dewitt Twp., Clinton Co., MI

      Timeline
      Birth: 1921 22 Nov. in Valley Farms, Dewitt Twp., Clinton Co., MI

      in 1930 at the age of 9 she lived in Lansing, Michigan

      on 1940 1 Apr. at the age of 18 she lived in Middlebury, Michigan, United States

      on 1941 10 May at the age of 19 she married Leo Holton

      on 1942 26 Nov. at the age of 21 she married my grandfather A D Wellington Bancroft in Ithaca, Michigan, United States.
      right now she's living in fowler, Michigan

      Her Parents
      Davis "Dee" John Elwood 1888 – 1971
      Bernice Arley Parkinson 1904 – 1989

      Her first Spouse
      Leo Holton

      Her second Spouse
      A D Wellington Bancroft 1916 – 2005

      Their children
      Judson Dee Bancroft 1943 –
      Delbert jay Bancroft Sr. 1944 –
      Lorraine Kay Bancroft 1946 –
      James Lynn Bancroft 1947 –
      James is my dad.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 14, 2013
        On 15 Jan 2013 at 5:23, Anna wrote:

        > Her Parents
        > Davis "Dee" John Elwood 1888 – 1971
        > Bernice Arley Parkinson 1904 – 1989

        Ok, I checked PARKINSON to see if we had any links with any Elwood or Ellwood
        families.

        I found one, though I don't think it's yours.

        John YOUNG was the son of Hutchinson YOUNG and Margaret PARKINSON.

        he married Hannah ELLWOOD on 16 Aug 1845 in Monk Hesleton, Durham, England

        They had four children (that we know about):

        Martha, Margaret, John & Joseph

        Joseph was born in 1855 in Pennsylvania, USA, and married Lizzie.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 15, 2013
          Hi Anna,

          Looking at the familysearch website, I have found:

          Davis J. Ellwood
          Michigan, Births and Christenings, 1775-1995
          Birth 02 Jun 1888 Watertown
          christening Clinton, Michigan
          Father: August Ellwood,
          Mother: Ella
          (batch) numberC73354-8system originMichigan-VRsource film number0987079

          Looks like your Davis John Ellwood.

          --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hayes" wrote:

          > On 15 Jan 2013 at 5:23, Anna wrote:
          >
          > > Her Parents
          > > Davis "Dee" John Elwood 1888 � 1971
          > > Bernice Arley Parkinson 1904 � 1989
          >
          > Ok, I checked PARKINSON to see if we had any links with any Elwood or Ellwood
          > families.
          >
          > I found one, though I don't think it's yours.
          >
          > John YOUNG was the son of Hutchinson YOUNG and Margaret PARKINSON.
          >
          > he married Hannah ELLWOOD on 16 Aug 1845 in Monk Hesleton, Durham, England
          >
          > They had four children (that we know about):
          >
          > Martha, Margaret, John & Joseph
          >
          > Joseph was born in 1855 in Pennsylvania, USA, and married Lizzie.

          > Web: http://hayesstw.tumblr.com/ (follow me on Tumblr)
          > Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
          > Phone: 083-342-3563 or 012-333-6727
          > Fax: 086-548-2525