Re: [ellwood] hi i'm new

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 11, 2013
      On 11 Jan 2013 at 5:49, Anna wrote:

      > my name is anna mae bancroft and my grandmother is ella louise elwood. she
      > married ad wellington bancroft. they had 4 children. my grandmother parents
      > are davis john elwood and bernice arley parkinson.

      Do you have any dates and places where they lived?

    • Anna
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 11, 2013
        dates-n-places for who? my aunt just told me that elihu married nancy ann tilitson.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 11, 2013
          On 12 Jan 2013 at 2:10, Anna wrote:

          > dates-n-places for who? my aunt just told me that elihu married nancy ann
          > tilitson.

          Any of the people you mentioned, but especially the ones with the Elwood
          surname.

          Even the country they lived/died in could help. A town name would be better
          still.

        • Anna
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 14, 2013
            My grandmother

            Ella Louise Elwood
            Birth November 22, 1921 in Valley Farms, Dewitt Twp., Clinton Co., MI

            Timeline
            Birth: 1921 22 Nov. in Valley Farms, Dewitt Twp., Clinton Co., MI

            in 1930 at the age of 9 she lived in Lansing, Michigan

            on 1940 1 Apr. at the age of 18 she lived in Middlebury, Michigan, United States

            on 1941 10 May at the age of 19 she married Leo Holton

            on 1942 26 Nov. at the age of 21 she married my grandfather A D Wellington Bancroft in Ithaca, Michigan, United States.
            right now she's living in fowler, Michigan

            Her Parents
            Davis "Dee" John Elwood 1888 – 1971
            Bernice Arley Parkinson 1904 – 1989

            Her first Spouse
            Leo Holton

            Her second Spouse
            A D Wellington Bancroft 1916 – 2005

            Their children
            Judson Dee Bancroft 1943 –
            Delbert jay Bancroft Sr. 1944 –
            Lorraine Kay Bancroft 1946 –
            James Lynn Bancroft 1947 –
            James is my dad.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 14, 2013
              On 15 Jan 2013 at 5:23, Anna wrote:

              > Her Parents
              > Davis "Dee" John Elwood 1888 – 1971
              > Bernice Arley Parkinson 1904 – 1989

              Ok, I checked PARKINSON to see if we had any links with any Elwood or Ellwood
              families.

              I found one, though I don't think it's yours.

              John YOUNG was the son of Hutchinson YOUNG and Margaret PARKINSON.

              he married Hannah ELLWOOD on 16 Aug 1845 in Monk Hesleton, Durham, England

              They had four children (that we know about):

              Martha, Margaret, John & Joseph

              Joseph was born in 1855 in Pennsylvania, USA, and married Lizzie.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 15, 2013
                Hi Anna,

                Looking at the familysearch website, I have found:

                Davis J. Ellwood
                Michigan, Births and Christenings, 1775-1995
                Birth 02 Jun 1888 Watertown
                christening Clinton, Michigan
                Father: August Ellwood,
                Mother: Ella
                (batch) numberC73354-8system originMichigan-VRsource film number0987079

                Looks like your Davis John Ellwood.

                --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hayes" wrote:

                > On 15 Jan 2013 at 5:23, Anna wrote:
                >
                > > Her Parents
                > > Davis "Dee" John Elwood 1888 � 1971
                > > Bernice Arley Parkinson 1904 � 1989
                >
                > Ok, I checked PARKINSON to see if we had any links with any Elwood or Ellwood
                > families.
                >
                > I found one, though I don't think it's yours.
                >
                > John YOUNG was the son of Hutchinson YOUNG and Margaret PARKINSON.
                >
                > he married Hannah ELLWOOD on 16 Aug 1845 in Monk Hesleton, Durham, England
                >
                > They had four children (that we know about):
                >
                > Martha, Margaret, John & Joseph
                >
                > Joseph was born in 1855 in Pennsylvania, USA, and married Lizzie.

                > Web: http://hayesstw.tumblr.com/ (follow me on Tumblr)
                > Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
                > Phone: 083-342-3563 or 012-333-6727
                > Fax: 086-548-2525