hi i'm new

  • Anna
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 10, 2013
      my name is anna mae bancroft and my grandmother is ella louise elwood. she married ad wellington bancroft. they had 4 children. my grandmother parents are davis john elwood and bernice arley parkinson.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 11, 2013
        On 11 Jan 2013 at 5:49, Anna wrote:

        > my name is anna mae bancroft and my grandmother is ella louise elwood. she
        > married ad wellington bancroft. they had 4 children. my grandmother parents
        > are davis john elwood and bernice arley parkinson.

        Do you have any dates and places where they lived?

      • Anna
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 11, 2013
          dates-n-places for who? my aunt just told me that elihu married nancy ann tilitson.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 11, 2013
            On 12 Jan 2013 at 2:10, Anna wrote:

            > dates-n-places for who? my aunt just told me that elihu married nancy ann
            > tilitson.

            Any of the people you mentioned, but especially the ones with the Elwood
            surname.

            Even the country they lived/died in could help. A town name would be better
            still.

          • Anna
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 14, 2013
              My grandmother

              Ella Louise Elwood
              Birth November 22, 1921 in Valley Farms, Dewitt Twp., Clinton Co., MI

              Timeline
              Birth: 1921 22 Nov. in Valley Farms, Dewitt Twp., Clinton Co., MI

              in 1930 at the age of 9 she lived in Lansing, Michigan

              on 1940 1 Apr. at the age of 18 she lived in Middlebury, Michigan, United States

              on 1941 10 May at the age of 19 she married Leo Holton

              on 1942 26 Nov. at the age of 21 she married my grandfather A D Wellington Bancroft in Ithaca, Michigan, United States.
              right now she's living in fowler, Michigan

              Her Parents
              Davis "Dee" John Elwood 1888 – 1971
              Bernice Arley Parkinson 1904 – 1989

              Her first Spouse
              Leo Holton

              Her second Spouse
              A D Wellington Bancroft 1916 – 2005

              Their children
              Judson Dee Bancroft 1943 –
              Delbert jay Bancroft Sr. 1944 –
              Lorraine Kay Bancroft 1946 –
              James Lynn Bancroft 1947 –
              James is my dad.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 14, 2013
                On 15 Jan 2013 at 5:23, Anna wrote:

                > Her Parents
                > Davis "Dee" John Elwood 1888 – 1971
                > Bernice Arley Parkinson 1904 – 1989

                Ok, I checked PARKINSON to see if we had any links with any Elwood or Ellwood
                families.

                I found one, though I don't think it's yours.

                John YOUNG was the son of Hutchinson YOUNG and Margaret PARKINSON.

                he married Hannah ELLWOOD on 16 Aug 1845 in Monk Hesleton, Durham, England

                They had four children (that we know about):

                Martha, Margaret, John & Joseph

                Joseph was born in 1855 in Pennsylvania, USA, and married Lizzie.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 15, 2013
                  Hi Anna,

                  Looking at the familysearch website, I have found:

                  Davis J. Ellwood
                  Michigan, Births and Christenings, 1775-1995
                  Birth 02 Jun 1888 Watertown
                  christening Clinton, Michigan
                  Father: August Ellwood,
                  Mother: Ella
                  (batch) numberC73354-8system originMichigan-VRsource film number0987079

                  Looks like your Davis John Ellwood.

                  --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hayes" wrote:

                  > On 15 Jan 2013 at 5:23, Anna wrote:
                  >
                  > > Her Parents
                  > > Davis "Dee" John Elwood 1888 � 1971
                  > > Bernice Arley Parkinson 1904 � 1989
                  >
                  > Ok, I checked PARKINSON to see if we had any links with any Elwood or Ellwood
                  > families.
                  >
                  > I found one, though I don't think it's yours.
                  >
                  > John YOUNG was the son of Hutchinson YOUNG and Margaret PARKINSON.
                  >
                  > he married Hannah ELLWOOD on 16 Aug 1845 in Monk Hesleton, Durham, England
                  >
                  > They had four children (that we know about):
                  >
                  > Martha, Margaret, John & Joseph
                  >
                  > Joseph was born in 1855 in Pennsylvania, USA, and married Lizzie.

                  > Web: http://hayesstw.tumblr.com/ (follow me on Tumblr)
                  > Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
                  > Phone: 083-342-3563 or 012-333-6727
                  > Fax: 086-548-2525