RE: [ellwood] Mary Ann Disno or Dyson and Ann Ellwood

  • Hilary Jackson
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2012

      Hi Steve, I can’t find a marriage for John to Ann other than 1881 census. Do you think Disno Is really Disney. There are Disneys who  came over from Ireland Via Liverpool. Just A thought. Best Wishes Hilary

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2012
        On 21 Sep 2012 at 17:37, Hilary Jackson wrote:

        > H Steve, I have no answer for you other than to say I haven't managed to
        > find a marriage of Ann and John Ellwood. Do you think the Disno could be
        > Disney. There are a few who came over from Ireland via Liverpool. Will try and
        > dig more deeply. Regards Hilary

        Mary Ann Dyson appears in the 1861 and 1871 censuses of Liverpool aged 4 and
        14 respectively, so she seems quite likely to be the one who was in
        Whitehaven. It's just working out how she was a niece that is the big
        problem.