My connection

  • Genie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2011
      Hi, My name is Genie Zappanti and I live in Arizona. I have been doing genealogical research since 1974 and have accumulated a ton of information, documents etc. My connection to the Ellwoods is through my Great Great Grandmother Martha Ellwood (1839-1925) who married James Jones. Her parents were Thomas Saxon Ellwood(1817-1889) and Elisabeth Benn. Thomas was the son of Robert Ellwood (1789-1862) and Martha Saxon. My genealogy is on Ancestry.com under the "McAllister Family Tree". If you don't have a membership to Ancestry.com send me your email address and I will send you an invitation through me then you can look for free. Looking forward to connecting with other "cousins".
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2011
        On 10 Jun 2011 at 12:33, Genie wrote:

        > Hi, My name is Genie Zappanti and I live in Arizona. I have been doing
        > genealogical research since 1974 and have accumulated a ton of information,
        > documents etc. My connection to the Ellwoods is through my Great Great
        > Grandmother Martha Ellwood (1839-1925) who married James Jones. Her parents
        > were Thomas Saxon Ellwood(1817-1889) and Elisabeth Benn. Thomas was the son of
        > Robert Ellwood (1789-1862) and Martha Saxon. My genealogy is on Ancestry.com
        > under the "McAllister Family Tree". If you don't have a membership to
        > Ancestry.com send me your email address and I will send you an invitation
        > through me then you can look for free. Looking forward to connecting with
        > other "cousins".

        Welcome and good to see you here.

        Since we manage to link, through your tree to Bruce Morrison's one, we've
        suddenly got another EIGHT GENERATIONS further back on the Ellwood line -
        nine if you count the Dobsons.

        One thing im curious about is Martha Saxon. She's clearly written as Saxon on
        the marriage certificate, as is the witness Christopher - but some have her
        down as Saxton -- where does that come from?

        We link to the second son of Robert Ellwood and Martha Saxon - John Ellwood,
        who married Bridget Anderson. I've put a file showing the links from him to
        us in the files section on the web page.

      • Genie Zappanti
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2011
          Good Morning Steve,

          I think the Saxon-Saxton might just be a typo. The only document I have, as you mentioned,
          definitely says Saxon. I have corrected my record, thank you for pointing that out.

          Have a Great one..night I guess there huh? 6:14am here.