New file uploaded to ellwood

  • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 9, 2011
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
      group.

      File : /Trees/EllwoodVMH.pdf
      Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
      Description : From Whitehaven to Durban: some Ellwood ancestors of Val Hayes - family group sheets from John Ellwood and Bridget Anderson to the present

      You can access this file at the URL:

      hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
    • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 13, 2011
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
        group.

        File : /Trees/ElwdElen.pdf
        Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
        Description : Three Eleanor Ellwoods born in Whiehaven 1820-1840: which is which? Possible reconstruction of families

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 17, 2011
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
          group.

          File : /Stories/ElwdJ01.pdf
          Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
          Description : John Ellwood (1819-1892) of Whitehaven, Cumberlad: Letter to brother William, obituary & family groups sheet, thanks to Bruce Morrison of Kentucky

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 10, 2011
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
            group.

            File : /Trees/EllwoodJ.pdf
            Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
            Description : Descendants of John Ellwood and Bridget Anderson of Whitehaven, Cumberland

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 31, 2011
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
              group.

              File : /Trees/EllwoodJacques.pdf
              Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
              Description : Descendants of William and ann Ellwood of Whitehaven (including Jacques family)

              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 1, 2011
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                group.

                File : /Trees/1850.01.28 - Marriage Thomas Jacques & Eleanor Ellwood.jpg
                Uploaded by : gnichau <gnichau@...>
                Description : Marriage Cert Thomas Jacques & Eleanor Ellwood

                You can access this file at the URL:

                gnichau <gnichau@...>
              • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 6, 2011
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                  group.

                  File : /Trees/EllwoodR.pdf
                  Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                  Description : Descendants of Edward Ellwood of Dufton - ongoing research file

                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 10, 2011
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                      group.

                      File : /Trees/EllWaist.pdf
                      Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                      Description : Descendants of John Ellwood and Ann Waistell of Westmorland

                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 11, 2011
                        On 11 Aug 2011 at 6:39, ellwood@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                        > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                        > group.

                        Just by way of explanation, this is the descendants of John Ellwood, son of
                        Mark Ellwood and Ann Loadman.

                        The family were associated with Brough under Stainmore in Westmorland, and
                        spread out from there.

                        John Ellwood married Ann Waistell, and his son John Brunskill Ellwood married
                        Isabella Waistell.

                        As a result a lot of their descendants had Waistell as a middle name or even
                        a first name.

                        One of them is Waistell Ellwood (1863-1949), who is quite elusive, because
                        census enumerators kept spelling his name wrong, and that may also be why we
                        never found a marriage for him, or perhaps he never married. He was a grocer
                        at one time, and died in Barrow in Furness.

                        These Ellwoods are kin to us, though distant (Waistell Ellwood was my wife
                        Val's 6th cousin 4 times removed).

                        We still haven't got them all. We have not been able to find descendants of
                        all the children, and some seem to have emigrated to New Zealand -- about
                        four years ago there was a message on a new Zealand mailing list asking about
                        some Ellwoods, one of whom had Waistell as a middle name, so they may well
                        connect with these.

                        Anyway, if you are interested in this branch, you can download the file and see what we have -- and please let us know if youspot any we may have missed.

                        > File : /Trees/EllWaist.pdf
                        > Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                        > Description : Descendants of John Ellwood and Ann Waistell of Westmorland
                        >
                        > You can access this file at the URL:

                      • Gillian Mc kenna
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 11, 2011
                          Hi Steve,

                          Don't know whether you have this but here is your Waistell Ellwood in 1911. He is married to Elizabeth Ann in c1893. The family seem to have spent some time in USA. Check out the births of the children. Maybe they married out in the USA?

                          ELLWOOD, Waiskell Head Married M 47 1864 Grocer Also Dealer In China Soulby Kirkby Stephen Westmorland
                          ELLWOOD, Elizabeth Ann Wife Married
                          18 years F 46 1865 Domestic Duties Lancaster Lancashire
                          ELLWOOD, Gwendoline Daughter Single F 16 1895 Domestic Duties Dayton Campell Co U S A
                          ELLWOOD, Clarence Jackson Son Single M 15 1896 Grocers Assistant Dayton Campell Co U S A

                          RG number:
                          RG14 Piece:
                          31572 Reference:
                          RG14PN31572 RG78PN1814 RD579 SD2 ED6 SN58

                          Registration District:
                          East Ward Sub District:
                          Kirkby Stephen Enumeration District:
                          6 Parish:
                          Kirkby Stephen

                          Address:
                          Market St K S County:
                          Westmorland

                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 11, 2011
                            On 11 Aug 2011 at 7:34, Gillian Mc kenna wrote:

                            > ELLWOOD, Waiskell Head Married M 47 1864 Grocer Also Dealer In China Soulby
                            > Kirkby Stephen Westmorland ELLWOOD, Elizabeth Ann Wife Married 18 years F
                            > 46 1865 Domestic Duties Lancaster Lancashire ELLWOOD, Gwendoline Daughter
                            > Single F 16 1895 Domestic Duties Dayton Campell Co U S A ELLWOOD, Clarence
                            > Jackson Son Single M 15 1896 Grocers Assistant Dayton Campell Co U S A

                            Here's a possible marriage for Gwendoline

                            Surname First name(s) Mother/Spouse/Age District Vol Page
                            Marriages Sep 1922 (>99%)
                            ELLWOOD Gwendoline Harrison Barrow F. 8e 2285
                            HARRISON George H Ellwood Barrow F. 8e 2285

                            Couldn't find one for Clarence, and thought he might have been a casualty in
                            WWI (he would have been just the right age) but nothing on the Commonwealth
                            War Graves Commission site.

                            Perhaps he did return to the USA.

                            Interesting that they were at Dayton in Kentucky - a bunch of other Ellwoods
                            went to Kentucky, and I think some descendants are still there - Genie could
                            tell us more about that branch.

                          • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 11, 2011
                              Hello,

                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                              group.

                              File : /Trees/MystMike.pdf
                              Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                              Description : Mysterious Mike: How many Michael Ellwoods married how many Anns and had how many Michaels and Richards?

                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 25, 2011
                                Hello,

                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                                group.

                                File : /Trees/Cumbria1.zip
                                Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                                Description : Spreadsheet containing information on Ellwod and related families from Cumbria being researched by Steve & Val Hayes

                                Message 15 of 20 , Sep 6, 2011
                                  Hello,

                                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                                  group.

                                  File : /Trees/EllDuf1.pdf
                                  Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                                  Description : Some Ellwood families in Dufton, Westmorland 1660-1690

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 2, 2012
                                    Hello,

                                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                                    group.

                                    File : /Trees/EllDob.pdf
                                    Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                                    Description : Ellwood and Dobson families of Clifton, Westmorland, reconstructed mainly from the Will of Edmund Ellwood, died 1803

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 2, 2012
                                      On 3 Jan 2012 at 3:59, ellwood@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                      > File : /Trees/EllDob.pdf
                                      > Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                                      > Description : Ellwood and Dobson families of Clifton, Westmorland,
                                      > reconstructed mainly from the Will of Edmund Ellwood, died 1803
                                      >
                                      > You can access this file at the URL:

                                      The will of Edmund Ellwood, husband of Ann, who died in which Dufton in 1803,
                                      Graham posted recently, mentions several relationships, and Val Hayes has
                                      tried to follow some of those up and sort out some of the relationships.

                                      The file that has been uploaded has family group sheets showing a tentative
                                      reconstruction of the families mentioned. If you have these families in your
                                      tree, or have an interest in these families, please have a look at it, and
                                      see if it tallies with your information.

                                    • ellwood@yahoogroups.com
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jan 12, 2012
                                        Hello,

                                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                                        group.

                                        File : /Trees/EdLizEll.pdf
                                        Uploaded by : hayesstw <hayesstw@...>
                                        Description : Descendants of Edmund Ellwood (b. 1725) and Elizabeth Robinson

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jan 13, 2012
                                          Hello,

                                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                                          group.

                                          File : /Stories/Edmund Ellwood b1700.doc
                                          Uploaded by : gillianmckenna <gillianmckenna@...>
                                          Description : Removal order 1741 of Edmund Ellwood & family from Dufton

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jul 6, 2013
                                            Hello,

                                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ellwood
                                            group.

                                            File : /Trees/Ellwood of Hargrave.pdf
                                            Uploaded by : g.roberts119@... <g.roberts119@...>
                                            Description : Descendants of William Ellwood and Elizabeth Cheers

                                            You can access this file at the URL:

                                            g.roberts119@... <g.roberts119@...>